Mic not working on HP Mini

Solved/Closed
Rez - Jun 13, 2009 at 04:23 AM
 krishna - Dec 30, 2013 at 01:14 PM
Hello,

I am using XP on my HP mini and have downloaded IDT Audio. The internal microphone does not work properly. Sometimes it works but most of the time I get nothing!

Could anyone please tell me how to fix this problem?

Thank you.
Related:

2 responses

I had a similar experience on my HP Mini 1000 with WinXP. My Skype setup all of a sudden lost the MIC, although speaker output appeared to be normal. I found a less intrusive procedure that restored my PC. The following are the steps:

A. Right click the Speaker icon in the lower right system tray, and select Adjust Audio Properties.
B. Under Audio tab, select Volume for Sound recording.
C. For Internal Mic, select Advanced, then check "1 Microphone Boost" at the bottom of the dialog Window. Then, click Close.. X.. Apply, OK to get the setting stored.

When I tried Sound Recorder, I was surprised that I heard no playback sound, although the signal strength meter indicated that the Mic input was fine during recording. I then discovered that the speakers were somehow muted by themselves! After un-muted them, everything seemed to work fine including Skype's Echo / Sound Test call.
Thank you! That fixed the problem
You are amazing~
I could not figure this out, and I followed your steps, and it works! Thank you for taking the time to help me!!!