Toshiba laptop cannot reach login screen

Solved/Closed
Nmc01 - Updated on Jan 8, 2019 at 06:47 PM
 NoName - Mar 4, 2015 at 10:24 PM
Hello,

I have had a Toshiba Laptop for over two years now. It has Windows Vista.

The laptop began crashing one day, and now it can't reach the screen where I login. When I turn the laptop on, it reads, in big red letters' "toshiba," just like normal. But after it disappears, the screen goes completely blank instead of going to the normal loading screen. After about 30 minutes, at the bottom of the screen, it says "windows loading files." After it is done loading, it simply says at the top "insert windows installation disk and restart your computer.

I don't have a Windows Installation Disk, so I used a Toshiba Recovery Disk instead. I followed the directions:

1) Place the disc or #1 disc into the drive.

2) Power up the computer while holding down the "C" key (Release the "C" key when the screen reads "Toshiba")

After step 2, the screen says at the bottom, "Windows loading files." Afterwards, I see the normal loading screen. However, once it is done loading, the screen goes completely black. After 5 minutes, the mouse appears on the screen. You can move it, but that's as far as I've gone: a black screen with only the mouse present. Even after 4 hours, nothing happens. Any help would be much appreciated!

Satellite: M205-S7452
Laptop: Toshiba
System Configuration: Opera 9.30
Related:

4 responses

I am trying to restore my Toshiba Laptop. What key do I press for the internal backup to restore to factory settings???
Thank you
1. Power down laptop
2. Press and hold the 0 (zero) key
3. Release the 0 key when you get a message at bottom of screen indicating recovery process is beginning or loading.
dano > falcon2099
Nov 21, 2009 at 08:28 PM
would like to try ur method of recovering my a75-s209 with possible virus problem. but im not sure how u said to do it? ne help would b greatly appreciated.
kookie > falcon2099
Mar 13, 2010 at 09:16 AM
omg thank you SOOOO much because ive tryed EVERYTHING and nothing worked
Thank you, we had my daughters computer "FIXED" and it came back without any possibility of working until this. The person fixing also made one literally blow up by using the wrong charger after we requested the correct one when we went in. He will not work on our computers ever again.