Ask a question Report

My laptop screen keeps flickering... help! [Solved/Closed]

jay - Latest answer on Apr 3, 2013 08:55PM
Hello,
i bought a new dv4 - 1225dx in january and since may, the screen turns to flicker anytime it's booting. now it seems to be getting really bad and i don't know what to do. i'd like to know if anybody's having the same problem and what the solution is to this problem.
Read more 
Answer
+107
moins plus
This happened to me

Right click on Desktop main screen.
click properties
click settings
click advanced
click monitor
set your screen Refresh rate
( try at 85 Hertz or a step less)
In case you are using graphic card, click on Graphic Card Control Panel..
(in control panel)
select change resolution
select Refresh rate , as per requirement of your system.

Emily- Oct 14, 2012 11:43AM
My refresh rate is 60 hz but I can't edit it. I have a Sony Vaio, if it makes a difference. Please help D:
Zoey786- Dec 27, 2012 05:55AM
My refresh rate is also 60 hertz, but i can't edit it! My laptop company is Fujitsu.
Please help!
Answer
+56
moins plus
i have dell inspiron with same problem.. and my refresh rate is just up to 60 HZ here what can i do for this problemm plss plss help me... thanku..

KMshen 1Posts Tuesday December 11, 2012Registration date December 11, 2012 Last seen - Dec 11, 2012 02:13AM
You can just adjust to lower rate if it is available on your laptop..
Sarah- Apr 3, 2013 08:55PM
I had this issue with my dell insprion and I adjusted the settings to 40hz and it did the trick.
This document entitled « my laptop screen keeps flickering... help! » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.