How to format my dell inspiron 1525

Solved/Closed
jadu - Jun 18, 2009 at 09:12 PM
 Discouraged - Nov 28, 2011 at 12:34 PM
Hello,

i need to format my dell inspiron 1525 with vista home basic premium
can anybody give me a detailed step by step way to format by lappy??

4 responses

Blocked Profile
Jun 19, 2009 at 05:11 AM
hi,

insert the installation CD and then restart the computer.

press any key when you will be prompted to do so.

the installation will begin.

follow the wizard and press F8 when you will be prompted for the Windows agreement.

then the setup will search for existing windows, press enter.

then you need to follow the wizards and they will guide you through the installation.

note that installing windows will erase all the data contained in the hard disk.
I followed your steps and all the way down to where the setup gets to the point: "Searching for previus versions of Microsoft Windows..." However, at this point it seems to just freeze up. I tried hitting 'enter' but still nothing. Any thoughts?
globalbattery Posts 3 Registration date Sunday April 11, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 19, 2010
Apr 12, 2010 at 01:43 AM
If you need to format your dell inspiron 1525 laptop and your system did not come with restore disks, you should not reformat using a standard windows disk because you will have to find the drivers for the graphics, sound, video etc.
Chances are, you probably have a partition on your system that contains the restore files. This makes it extremely easy to restore your system to factory defaults.

follow these steps to restore your system:
1. Back-up all data.(Before you start, make sure you back up all files because this process will restore everything to default. Backups should include your 'My Documents' folder, mail, favourites, ftp settings, internet connection settings.).
2 Put the Operating System in your CD/DVD drive. Then restart your laptop.
3. When the Dell loading screen comes up, press F12 a few times.
4. Boot to CD/DVD drive.
5. Make sure you delete the old partition. And install Windows on a clean partition.
6. Once Vista get's done installing, put the Drivers disc in the CD/DVD drive.
7. Install the drivers needed.
8.You might want to install the other discs as well?
9. Windows Updates. Start -> All Programs -> Windows Update.
10. Get an AV program. And software you need.
In your computer starting press f2 it will go to setup then go to boot sequence press enter then press space bar
do 1st boot dvd rom save and exit after that you wiil install window in your insprion 1525.

thanks for asking.
when I connect the usb device with the OS content in it, While going in to the booting device list I selected usb storage device for installing OS . it will not reading the file it directly enters in to harddisk.