Installing HP C4480 printer on windows 7

Solved/Closed
Galerider - Jun 18, 2009 at 11:02 PM
 Mai B. - Oct 2, 2015 at 03:06 AM
Hello, I have just bought a new computer with the trial version of windows 7 installed and I can't install my HP C4480 3in1 printer. It seems that drivers are not yet available. Any help or advice much appreciated.
Related:

8 responses

Heres the trick to it. You download the version you need 32 bit or 64 bit save the download.
next locate your download right click it choose properties click on the compatibility tab.
there is a choice to run it in compatibility mode check the box and select your operating system.
next you need to check the option to run as an administrator witch is at the bottom of the
compatability tab apply these options and hit ok.
finaly you will right click it and choose run as administrator wait for the installer to start and follow the promts. and you can use your printer. If your printer is hosted off another computer make sure the workgroup is the same so that windows 7 can find your printer. Search and add the printer your done
Thanks. Compatibility mode did the trick.
Silversamurai
Feb 6, 2010 at 06:09 AM
Got the solution :
1) Save the download
2) Choose your download and right click to " PROPERTIES"
3) Then "COMPTABILITY"
4) Click on the "RUN THIS PROGRAM IN COMPTABILITY MODE FOR "
5) Choose the good version of windows ( WINDOWS VISTA worked for me :) )
6) Run the setup program AS AN ADMINISTRATOR
7) should work :)
That´s work
thank it work, I know all about compta but never try on this hehe ty sgin
Thanks man! It really helped
Hello there,
did you ever manage to get the scanner to work?
thanks for any help
sadgurl Posts 697 Registration date Thursday May 14, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 24, 2010 219
Jun 19, 2009 at 06:26 AM
hi,

since the driver is not yet available, you won't be able to use the printer.

or try to install a Windows Vista driver, this should normally work.
yeah!! this works..thanks bro..
emila34 Posts 1 Registration date Monday July 13, 2015 Status Member Last seen July 13, 2015
Jul 13, 2015 at 11:13 AM
Hi I find photosmart c4480 vista or win 7 driver. http://www.hpdriver.us/hp-photosmart-c4480-all-in-one-printer-drivers/
thanks a lot, appreciate the help, it works! :D

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
'Go to 'Install printer' from Windows 7. Select 'HP' from left hand list then HP3300 Series (Yes then 'wrong' printer) then install. Follow instructions accepting all prompts. Print test page and it works!
install a Windows Vista driver ?
of while exe to install.
Please help.

-Pankaj
thx.
ok