Computer doesn't start, screen is blank

Closed
Paulo - Jun 20, 2009 at 04:51 AM
 C - Jan 21, 2010 at 09:04 PM
Hello,
My computer doesn't start up. The light comes on the tower but no noise is made and the screen is
blank. It seems like it needs a kick start to get things moving. It started when somebody gave me a printer
so i tried to download a driver then the system appeared to freeze, the mouse didn't work so i had to to turn it off at the wall socket then re-start it but the same thing happened the desktop was displayed but nothing would operate. I tried this turning off and on at the socket but after a couple of attempts the light on the tower came on but nothing else happened i.e no noise and moniter was blank.

2 responses

heey.is there something else that I could do beside cleaning the memory?
cause when i on my laptop, they light were there. but nothin appear. the scree goes black
is it a del cmputer..if it is u cn cntact dell technical service ,,i gt it fxd via them ..basically wht was done was a system restore after running sm tests..they gv all the instructions..at least if u cn c the boot options screen..i cnt remb it ws F8 or F12..smhw u cn try by going SAFE MODE- start menu-accessoriz-system tools-system restore.(for me -vista) .and of course they deleted temp files etc..after the restore..the reason was sed to be a corrupted file in hard disk

bt for me nthng worked so basically i ws asked to get the OS Cd and boot from the CD and system repair and restored to a previous date...and of course to figure out whether it was a hardware prb they asked me to run some tests earlier b4 doing anythng..as far as i remb it was pressing Fn key while starting the machine..bt i m nt sure of the steps ...hope sm part of this wud be useful 4u..and hope myb sm1 who knws the subject cn assist u after getting an idea frm wht iv sed..

bst of luk
afsgun Posts 275 Registration date Wednesday May 13, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 6, 2009 38
Jun 20, 2009 at 06:55 AM
Hye, Just check your RAM memory modules... i think there is a problem with that!

Just unplug it and clean using a towel! Then place it again!