Running 32 bit programs on 64bit Vista laptop

Solved/Closed
Dee - Jun 21, 2009 at 10:20 AM
 ADOFAR - Oct 1, 2010 at 09:37 AM
Hello, I have a 64 bit computer with Windows Vista 64 and am unable to run most of my 32 bit programs. Calls to Windows and HP have proved unsuccessful. Even certain hardware is not compatible. Is there a way to make these run? I do not want to have to purchase new programs when what I have already runs perfectly on 2 other 32 bit computers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Related:

4 responses

Download and install Sun Virtualbox. Install XP on it and play the games in the virtual machine.
USE THE COMPATABILITY MODE WHEN YOU INSTALL THE PROGRAM...
RIGHT CLICK ON THE INSTALLER
PROPERTIES
COMPATABILITY
PICK AN OS
RUN AS ADMISTRATOR
'SHOW SETTING FOR ALL USERES'
APPLY

( YOU MAY HAVE TO TRY SEVERAL OS BEFORE YOU GET THE CORRECT ONE)
THIS HAS WORKED FOR ME ON A VISTA 64 BIT, I HAVE PROGRAMS THAT I HAVE USED FOR SEVERAL YEARS...
The program I'm trying to run doesn't have the "compatability" tab when I do to the properties. (I know where to find it, as I can see it for other programs) any suggestions for programs that don't seem to have this option?
Hello,
My mom's just got a brand new Vista 64-bit computer and... unfortunately any of the software that she usually uses wants run ! Right now I've been trying to find some remedy and here's what I got by now: WOW64 (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/winprog64/running-32-bit-applications?redirectedfrom=MSDN). Gonna try to learn a bit more about this stuff.
i m facing the same problem.... please advise