Ask a question Report

Sound not transmitted from HDMI cable [Solved]

MIKE - Latest answer on Nov 30, 2013 04:46PM
I have a HP EliteBook 8530w with Windows XP, I recently wanted to watch a movie on my VIZIO TV.
For some reason the sound is not transmitting through the HDMI cable to the TV, the picture is great but the only sound is coming out of the laptop.
Oh and this is not a DVD I am trying to watch from an AVI file.
Read more 

moins plus
I had the same problem on my HP Elitebook 8350w running Windows 7 Enterprise. In Vista there was an HDMI output. In Windows 7 there is just the default "SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio" speakers and SPDIF Interface. I had to switch the default output sound to SPDIF and it started working. Of course it has to be switched back to Speakers later when I want the sound to come through the laptop speakers.
Konnekted- Jul 21, 2011 01:32PM
Once that driver installed, switch the default Audio output to SPDIF.
Rens- Aug 20, 2011 10:15AM
Where did you find the driver? I can't seem to find it... I also have a HP Elitebook 8530w with Windows 7, Professional however. (32-bit)
Arun.- Dec 29, 2012 11:54AM

Thanks! That worked for me too. I use a HP Elitebook 8530w.

Viziostressing- Nov 30, 2013 04:46PM
2+ years old.thread,,.. Thank you!! ! Konnekted - Jul 21, 2011 01:31PM
On Elitebook 8530w, I had to install the latest NVIDIA driver where the option "AUDIO OUTPUT" was disabled by default. Many days of searching to finally get it
Add comment
moins plus
Check all the plugs and then try again... also check your sound properties!
Add comment
This document entitled « Sound not transmitted from HDMI cable » from CCM ( is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.