Sims 3 crashing

Solved/Closed
curlyandbored - Updated on Jan 13, 2019 at 11:58 AM
 luvlychrissy - Nov 2, 2012 at 02:09 PM
Hello,

I've been playing sims 3 on and off ever since I got it. but just recently I would
start playing it and randomly in the game (bout hour or so in) it will crash. no warning.
it returns me back to the desktop. and in the game when I am playing it; my life goal is
to be in law enforcement, and when I go to type up the reports on the computer I click
"write report on.." it just makes the sound nothing else. and you cannot talk to someone at
the table or other various things that have been limited when they are offered in the game.
HELP.
Related:

4 responses

I know. it's getting really annoying. I recently downloaded quite a bit of custom content and it's getting worse and worse. If you have custom content I would recommend going to the "Installed Content" section in the launcher and uninstalling the content you don't use. This could help clear it up. The support site also says to switch to windowed mode, but if your problem is the same as mine that won't work. You could also just try leaving it for a while and not playing it and maybe it will cool down.
Hi, did you try deleting the "cache" files and the files in the "Thumbnails" folder both found in "My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3" These files have to be deleted regularly or they get bloated and make the game crash. Once they're deleted, when the game reloads just let it play the opening movie and it re-generates new files and the game works fine.
thanks now works 10 times faster and never crashes!! :)
gonna try this and hope it works, thanks!