Ask a question Report

My ps3 wont work on my tv [Solved/Closed]

HELP - Latest answer on Oct 29, 2012 06:17AM
Hello,
i changed my ps3 from a 1080i tv to my regular tv and it wont work all u see is blank i also tried holding the power button but all it does is beep once and turn off it doesnt work PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!
Read more 
Answer
+890
moins plus
You hold your finger on the power button for about 5 seconds. After two beeps it resets it to the RCA cable format. When the HDMI cable is connected, the PS3 automatically adjusts it's resolution. But when you go back to regular cable it doesnt do it automatically, you have to do it manually.

Heartofasoldier0- Oct 6, 2012 02:02AM
My cousin stole our flat screen so seeing this maaaaaaade my YEAR thank u so much u saved me 1000$
Mrtobs- Oct 6, 2012 06:39AM
Thank you so much. I havent played for 6months because of that and now i can play. THANK YOU SO FREACKING MUCH!
007- Oct 9, 2012 05:24PM
Thanks i thought my ps3 was messd lol
griffen- Oct 9, 2012 10:02PM
What if it says resolution mismatched
ac130 2Posts Monday October 29, 2012Registration date October 29, 2012 Last seen - Oct 29, 2012 06:17AM
mine still don't work. I've tried resetting it almost 20 times now, held down that button, heard two beeps. Nothing!! Tv still says Mode Not Supported. Dunno whats going on it worked great an hour ago :\
Answer
+166
moins plus
The thing is to hold the power button once its off....when u press it to turn it on hold ur finger there until you here a beep and it will reset to factory settings...hope it helps!

BBBrown- May 17, 2010 10:08AM
You're a savior
#24- Jun 4, 2010 07:11PM
thanks sooooooooooooo much man!!!
Jake- Jun 5, 2010 11:24AM
the lady put the wiimote thru the flat screen...had to go back to regular TV, and wouldnt work. Thank you!!!!hadnt played in a week
alex- Jun 5, 2010 09:44PM
my hero
Ericka- Oct 13, 2012 01:52AM
WHOOOO! Thank you so much!!!
Answer
+66
moins plus
Just turn the ps3 off, but don't flip the switch on the back off. The red light should be showing. Then press and hold the power button. Keep holding it after it's turned on until it has beeped again. You should have to hold it for about 4 seconds. The screen will flash a few times and then return to the non HD settings. I brought my ps3 over to a different house that didn't have an HDTV and this worked for me.

Answer
+30
moins plus
Thank you so much, i was hoping that my ps3 wasnt just a brick... i didnt even know you could reset the PS# like that! thanks again!

Answer
+19
moins plus
this does not work!!! any better answers????????

Future mrs malone- Nov 27, 2009 07:27PM
This advice ( hold down the power button for 5 to 10 seconds) helped my boyfriend and I connect the ps3 to his older tv.
Vera- Apr 13, 2010 11:31AM
thank u , thank u it worked and I also got frustrated when I couldn't get the picture or sound.
Great site.
Thanks again
downtown damo- May 9, 2010 07:47AM
woww ur amazing i love you
k;';lk- May 10, 2010 10:28AM
this will not work for me either
jadon22 2Posts Monday May 24, 2010Registration date May 24, 2010 Last seen - May 24, 2010 08:11PM
will this work for the newest ps3 too??
Answer
+14
moins plus
thank u thank u thank u thank u omg u have no idea i was trying to get it to work for like ever i spent like 3 days switching my input in and out 100,000,000 times

Answer
+14
moins plus
cheers, helped alot thanks

Answer
+13
moins plus
Thanks alot worked for me!!! Thought my sister in law broke it, whoops, apologies are in order.

Answer
+12
moins plus
thanks for asking th question and thanks to everyone who answered it did th samthing to me thank i was really worried thank you

Answer
+12
moins plus
ok turn it off...than turn it back on while holdin the power botton dont let go untill i turns on again

Answer
+10
moins plus
thanks

Answer
+9
moins plus
thought i got robbed thanks man!!!!

Answer
+8
moins plus
hi my ps3 does the the same thing did you check all the cords in the back of the ps3 and the cords to the back of the tv or maybe the ps3 needs to adapt to the new tv tell me if it works or not??

Answer
+4
moins plus
thanx alot `-` my big screen bulb and ballast busted and i dont have the money to fix right now and have been ps3 less for bout 3weeks until i stumbeled across this site.ryvm for you all help see u in ps3 home Drunkr

Answer
+4
moins plus
go to setting

Answer
+4
moins plus
You would probably have to hook it back onto an hd tv... with 1080i.. then change your settings. So then when you use it on another tv... regular or whatever.... then it could possibly work. Not sure though.

Answer
+3
moins plus
thank you so much i was getting fusteraded with my husband cause he wanted me to hook it up and he has been bugging me for the pass two days so finally you saved my life, your the best

Answer
+0
moins plus
how do you hold the power button its just a switch i dont get it

Answer
+0
moins plus
it's because you neeed a hd telly to use hd

Answer
+0
moins plus
i have the same problem man did u ever fix it?

1 2 Next
This document entitled « my ps3 wont work on my tv » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.