Ask a question Report

Strange problem. keyboard ??? [Solved/Closed]

cyberxtremer - Latest answer on Nov 16, 2012 03:22PM
Hello,
strange problem - the start menu keeps popping up in between. whenever i press 'u', the utility anager opens up. siilarly< i press any key, then its shortcut with 'windows+that key' opens up..
damn irritating.. cant do any thing ...
one more thing>>...
have turned on caps lock n then pressing shift n typing, because otherwise the shortcuts open up...
and this way 'M' not working, but when i release shift n press it,
the window MiniMizes
sorry the m is missing , because that key doesnt work..
i faced this thing long onths back. tried a vbs script 2 release the window key. but stil soe other key gave probles. now since 6 months its working fine. i suspect soe script or a small virus. but in that case, when i remove the keyboard, this doesnt happen. so i cant understand wHat the problem actually is.
tell me something - is there any way to correct keyboard error ?? other than pressing F4 ??
one more thing i tried - when pressing those keys fro on screen keyboard, the shortcuts open up. so this cant be any keyboard fault> definitely soe sall virus or script
but nod32 dsnt show anything suspicious !
and i dont think its soe virus .. coz it was running fine ... i never opened any page or anythin that time... it can be a small virus or script too, n may not be too .. confusing !!
any help ????
Read more 
Answer
+134
moins plus
sounds like your windows key may be physically stuck. when you press that key it activates shortcuts... if its permanently stuck it will always be active!

Answer
+54
moins plus
same problem! fixed: looked up shortcuts... holding windows key down and typeing those letters does short cuts for menus... my windows key was apperently stuck down, tapped both of them a couple times and now no more short cuts whenever i hit y,u,h,j,n,m.

dino-sf- Aug 1, 2009 11:23AM
Seems like it could be a Sticky Keys problem. If Sticky Keys accidentally gets turned on, the Windows modifier keys (ctl, alt, Windows key) will stay on if struck twice in a row. If typing the "f" key opens up search in a folder window and "u" opens the Windows Utility Manager, then the Windows key is in "sticky" state. Typing the sticky key (e.g., the Windows key) twice should unstick it. If you type two keys at exactly the same time, it should turn sticky keys off. As a last resort, logging off or rebooting should also turn off Sticky Keys.
zam- Feb 17, 2010 10:50PM
thanks.. this is working..
dchef- Mar 31, 2010 11:05AM
thanks. I sold my laptop and the guy was asking "what's up with the keyboard?!". After a little reserch found this post and replied to him with this. Never heard from him again. lol . gracias dino
Karabel- May 4, 2010 05:43PM
Nice!! Thank you for the Sticky Keys solution. : )
Answer
+44
moins plus
When I come across this problem, I hold down the CTRL+ALT then P and it corrects the problem all the time!

Try it,,,,,CTRl + ALT then P

Answer
+33
moins plus
hey guy's i got the same problem and i solved it by just simple common sense.
who the hell said these that mighty be a virus/script on keyboard.
coming on to the problem ,the following steps would solve your problem:
1)first go to control panel.
2)Then go to "regional and langauge option"
3)then go to "langauge"tab
4)click on details.
5)then select the default input langauge as english (united states) us
6)then in installed services in keyboard select US.
then press apply
it will ask you to restart.restart pc and problem is solved
and if your problem is still not solved then it's time to trash your keyboard and buy a new one

rma- Feb 3, 2010 06:13AM
Damn, this really solved my problem. Thank you bro. "ghghghghghghg" haha.
Mendim H.- Feb 3, 2010 08:57AM
this proram solve your problem??
Nokumari- Mar 24, 2010 06:09PM
That worked. Didn't have to log back in. Fabulous!
Answer
+17
moins plus
I've had similar problems with my keyboard.
This happens because a script (small piece of data that causes an effect) has been run in the background of your computer (unknown to you), and it has caused a number of things to happen.
Right now I am battling with something that drops the odd letter from my typing, so a letter will simly act as if not pressed.
I would recommend googling the following applications which are free, and using them to remove your problem.
"Hijack this"
"spybot search and destroy"
and
"Avast Home 4"

The combination of these 3 programs will keep your computer running safe and well.

Joshua Xiong- Feb 16, 2009 12:08PM
Good one I totatly believe that

"This happens because a script (small piece of data that causes an effect) has been run"

but not exactly in the background. I reinstall my Windows Xp many time, not just for it but others thing. Something must be wrong with the script inside the keyboard? I tried opening one of my key and tap it but it wouldn't just press.
Answer
+15
moins plus
Same problem! fixed: looked up shortcuts... holding windows key down and typeing those letters does short cuts for menus... my windows key was apperently stuck down, tapped both of them a couple times and now no more short cuts whenever i hit y,u,h,j,n,m.

Yup that worked for me to, just double tapped my windows keys a few times, problem solved ,thanks..

Answer
+8
moins plus
Hello everyone a friend of mine is having the EXACT problem with her computer/keyboard when she presses any buttons on the keyboard it will activate shortcuts for applications on her computer. Has there been any way to stop this from happening? or any suggestions at all if so i am ALL ears it would be amazing as she cannot use her pc because of the lack of keyboard cooperation. She will be off to college this coming Sept. and possibly taking this computer to school with her so any corrections or solutions would be AMAZING thanks for the time.

~ Mike ~

Answer
+4
moins plus
I've the same on a laptop, even after the drive was moved from one laptop to another so it's certainly not an actual key...

Joshua Xiong- Oct 13, 2008 08:23PM
So you're saying it's the hard drive fault?
anny- Nov 7, 2008 05:21PM
I had a keyboard problems 3 months a go. still effected with this problems. I already formated the windows...still not working...also updating the bios still not cured the problems.

My laptop cannot used no seven...eight...zero key and backspace...

there are 4 more lptop had this kind of strange problems...but they had problems on different key such as f and enter...others effected error key...
reallly need to find the solutions..cos my bitdeffender does not show any suspicious items...also try norton stilll nothing...and avira also dont shows virus problem either.............please someone help me up
johnboy- Jun 9, 2010 01:08PM
your prob is usually caused by bad connection with the keyboard connecting wires
Answer
+4
moins plus
restarting the computer usualy helps

Answer
+3
moins plus
True, some of my keys seems like thhey are stuck . I''m usin a laptop. And tey are stuck and tis hhow I type now but you can always use te On Screen Keyboard.

Answer
+3
moins plus
Changing the keyboard solved the problem. Thanks to all for their help...

This document entitled « strange problem. keyboard ??? » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.