Ask a question Report

Using web browser page loads but screen blank [Solved/Closed]

inchoate - Latest answer on Jun 9, 2013 02:37PM
Hello,
On my laptop, none of my web browsers are able to actually display any page on the internet. i will say the page is loaded, but the web browser window will be totally blank. One that particular computer, i tried firefox, googlechrome, and internet explorer. For explorer it showed a message saying it couldn't find any of the pages i tried to open, i think it said that there was an HTML error. What should I do?
Laptop Configuration:
Dell insperon notebook w/
Windows XP
Web browsers:
Google Chrome
Modzilla Firefox
Internet explorer
Read more 
Answer
+20
moins plus
hi,

check your internet connection settings.

go to control panel > network connections and try to create another connection.

if you are already connected to a network, try to renew the ip address.

>start
>run
type cmd and click ok
then type ipconfig /renew to renew the ip address.

cb- Dec 19, 2009 11:25AM
I had the same problem and I use vista. I tried everything and decided that i was fed up with bitdefender and got another antivirus program. Im using the 30-day kapersky trial and no problem so far. Bitdefender has lost this customer!!!
No- May 8, 2013 08:41PM
It says media disconnected....how do I fix that
leo- Jun 9, 2013 02:37PM
that solved the problem. Thank you
Answer
+8
moins plus
I click on Safari for the internet; the screen is just black. What is going on? How can i resolve

Answer
+7
moins plus
If you're using BitDefender 2010 (and perhaps earier) do this:

Right click the BitDefender icon in the system tray (bottom right of the task bar)
Click on Settings to open the User Interface Settings window/box (top right)
Swithch UI to Expert mode
Close the User Interface Settings box
Click on Antivirus
Click on the Shield tab
Click on Advanced Settings to open BitDefender Active Virus Control Settings.
You need to add Chrome to the Exclusions list.
Click on the "+" button to give you the Open executable files window/box.
Navigate your way through the folder hierachy to C:\Documents and Settings\[Your Windows User Account]\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\Chrome.exe
Click on the Open Button

Chrome is now in the Exclusions list and should now work perfectly.

Answer
+3
moins plus
the problem is definitely with bitdefender and seems to occur directly after one watches streaming videos, happened to us on both computers we have at home. something to do with the firewall. I have a message in to bitdefender,never had this problem with avast.

Azzurro- Nov 29, 2009 06:09AM
Yeah it is the fault of Bitdefender, but it doesn't matters if you watching a stream or just surfing. it doesn'matter to how much data u receive....

When u have installed Bitdefender your Http-traffic is tunneld trough a Scanner (also when you have deactivated Traffic-Scanning or disabled Bit-Defender) and there is the Problem, sometimes or after a while it apears a overflow. When that happens the packets that passing this tunnel arrived uncomplete (you can see that when u looking the sourcecode of requested sites, onyl 1-4 rows of Html-Sourcecode arrived) .....

Bitdefender-Team already knowing this problem, it already starts at 3. November with the last "core Update" of Bitdefender. But after 4 Weeks they havent't fix that...

so there left only on solution for me: another Antivirus Program.
rich252 1Posts Saturday November 28, 2009Registration date November 29, 2009 Last seen - Nov 29, 2009 04:28PM
ya thanks azzurro. I uninstalled bitdefender and reloaded avast. End of problems. My wife watches streaming video films from asia: easy to catch viruses (just got rid of axel-dav virus--worst I ever saw) killed my hard drive. just wish there was something more stable that doesn't consume a lot of system resources or cause sio many other headaches.
Jereth308 Azzurro - Nov 30, 2009 10:58PM
You're right!!!

I upgraded to Bitdefender 2010 version a few days ago, and that's when the problem started happening.

I would surf the web just fine, and out of the blue my browser would stop loading web pages... the only thing that could fix it was to restart my computer. Then it kept happening again and again... so I thought I had a virus or a malware.

I searched the web for hours on my other computer for solutions, and did everything think that it was malware or virus on my computer... but it was the stupid Bitdefender 2010 program that's causing the problem 100%.

Their tech support simply tells me to reinstall the program, but it doesn't fix anything.

I'm going to recommend everyone I know not to re-new or buy any future Bitdefender products!
Answer
+3
moins plus
If you're using BitDefender 2010 (and perhaps earier) do this:

Right click the BitDefender icon in the system tray (bottom right of the task bar)
Click on Settings to open the User Interface Settings window/box (top right)
Swithch UI to Expert mode
Close the User Interface Settings box
Click on Antivirus
Click on the Shield tab
Click on Advanced Settings to open BitDefender Active Virus Control Settings.
You need to add Chrome to the Exclusions list.
Click on the "+" button to give you the Open executable files window/box.
Navigate your way through the folder hierachy to C:\Documents and Settings\[Your Windows User Account]\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\Chrome.exe
Click on the Open Button

Chrome is now in the Exclusions list and should now work perfectly.

Answer
+2
moins plus
I saw people mention that after installing a Real Player update they started having this issue and remembered just the other day something popped up suggesting I udate Real Player so I did.

I just un-installed Real Player, did a Restart and went to a website I knew was going blank on me and this time it worked, so Real Player must have been the problem.

Answer
+2
moins plus
I also found that it was the Real Player SP that was causing my issue. It is most likely certain plug-ins that cause problems.

Answer
+1
moins plus
Had same problem for 2 week - checked everything and even reinstalled xp and all software. checking after every software install even bit-defender 2010 everything worked great ( 24hrs between installs), then installed realplayer with updates and everything went downhill eg. system slow down - long program loading times -browsers not loading pages after a short time and so on. Uninstall realplayer with Revo Uninstaller (free program that removes everything any program leaves behind, works GREAT and saves space.) and everything is working great again. will not install realplayer till they fix the problem. hope this helps

Answer
+1
moins plus
after reading all the hints tips tricks etc I uninstalled REAL PLAYER and that took care of the problem

Answer
+1
moins plus
Try resetting the Firewall Rules. You'll have to re-"Allow' your programs the first time you run them after the reset, but you will be able to surf with the firewall on.

Shenna- Sep 30, 2011 07:45AM
That dosent work D: But tkks.
Answer
+0
moins plus
Yes, this is to report the same or similar problem. It was first noticed after downloading a Starz Play movie. Repeatedly after approx. 60% download I lose completed web pages (blank screen w/ Done status). I then began to see it happen after running other video or such things as eBay countdown. Last night it occurred after using 1 click bidding on eBay. The linking factor is that I also have Bitdefender which has already been broken once since owning it for less than 2 months. Whether Bitdefender or not the problem has rendered my computer almost useless for my purposes Additionally. I am running Firefox 3.5 and the same occurs with IE. using Roadrunner internet service (max. high speed)

ed- Nov 30, 2009 07:13PM
For me, it was RealPlayer that caused the problems.

Thank you, lovehound....saved me a lot of grief!!!
jroy- Jan 22, 2010 12:20AM
It always for some reason interrupts certain video that I try to watch or music playlists
jroy ed - Jan 22, 2010 12:21AM
It always seems to interrupt during certain videos and music playlists
This document entitled « using web browser page loads but screen blank » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.