Internet Explorer has encountered a problem

Solved/Closed
chad - Jun 24, 2008 at 07:35 AM
 kishore kanta - Jan 18, 2013 at 12:19 AM
Hello,
I am at work and we have a intranet that has some files on it we use. When I goto open a file it comes up with this error message.
Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the incovience.

For mor info on this error, click here give me.
Error Signature
AppName: iexplore.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.5512 ModName: kernel32.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.5512 Offser: 00012aeb

Please help me. My IT department is also working on it.

Thanks
Related:

25 responses

george jetson
Jan 27, 2009 at 05:55 PM
Open Adobe Reader
Open the Edit menu and select Preferences.
On the left hand side of the preferences window, select the Internet category.
Make sure to uncheck the "Display PDF in browser" option.
Thank you. Your solution helped me.
JK
Thank you. It fixed my problem. Regards
Thanx
Thanks George!
Thank you it was useful to solve my problem. Regards
if it is problem saying send or don't send error report so you can do following:
1.right click on my computer
2.go to properties
3.then,go to advanced
4.here,you will see "error reporting"option.
5.disable it and tick below.....
Remo..............
Dec 1, 2012 at 05:36 AM
thank u................................
I have the same problem when I open a tabs(page) on Internet Explorer please help! AppName: iexplore.exe AppVer: 7.0.6000.16735 ModName: kernel32.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.3119 Offset: 00012a5b
IE/ Tools/ Internet Options/ Programs/ Manage add-ons/ XML DOM Document/ Disable

Dorin Popescu
thnkxxx///...............problem solved...........

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Hi all,

Even I have faced the same kind of problem, but finally I SOLVED the problem, just go to the
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office 12\OWSSUPP.DLL and delete OWSSUPP.DLL and then
Run the MS Office Diagnostic Tool in your start menu (MS Office/MS Office Tools) ,

It should find one error and fix it for you.

then restart your system .That's it your problem will be solved.

Any Doubt mail me Email Id removed for security
do this will get rid of encountered problem
IE7
=======
Over time IE7 seems to set its own (or programs do) tick boxes in the advance tab.
In IE7 Tools >Internet Options >Advance Tab
Click Restore advance settings defaults button.
Then scroll the listings down to near the bottom and:
1. Tick empty temp files when browser closes (this empties the cache, which if not empty, will stop you from going online).
2. Bullet disable phishing filter (optional. Leave it on if you want that type of protection, usually for financial data like internet banking)
thanks
your suggestion fixed my problem.
i am very grateful.
LB
Hi budy,
really thanks.it fixed my I.E 7.0 problem.....Keep up the good helping dendency

Regards
Dharani
Using IE 6 this solved the browser close error encountered after Adobe Reader 9.0 installation.
but what do u do if all you get is the error report and explorer doesnt open atall
Thanks - worked superb!
The issue occurs when installing adobe reader 9

If you uninstall it and reinstall 8 it will open the pdf files.

I am not sure why Adobe 9 does not like IE but I am hoping someone on this forum can find out for us and or Fix it
Hello,
When you encounter this problem -"Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I would suggest, we right click on the file which you need to open and choose to open the file in a new window. This works for me, hence suggesting it to the wider distribution.

I have internet explorer8 and I get this error-"Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." when I try to access some files from the sharepoint. I have reported the problem to Microsoft but in vain.

Cheers :)
I get the same message
Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.AppName: iexplore.exe AppVer: 7.0.6000.16735 ModName: kernel32.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.5512 Offset: 00012aeb
When trying Trying to open .pdf file in internet explorer

Also get Adobe Reader 9.0 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
AppName: acrord32.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.332 ModName: kernel32.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.5512 Offset: 00012aeb
Whenever trying to run Acrobat reader 9.

Problem started when updated to Acrobat Reader 9. Have reinstalled/deinstalled/CCcleaned/PerfectUninstalled/RegisterEasyed many times to no avail.

If you have a solution, please let me know -- If I get one I'll pass it on

My system is XP/ I have 10GB available on my system drive.
Internet Explorer 7.05730.11

Thanks
solotion for internet explorer has encountered a problem.... kernel32.dll
I meant Fire Fox....sorry

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/
Yes, Fire Fox certainly helps a lot.
Seems like running a manuell update in Reader solves the problem, found a msi-package with the update under the %UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe\Updater6\Install, good so far. Tryed adding it in the custom MST with Adobe Custom Wizard, under Launch Other Apps, but only .EXE and .BAT were supported... Stuck.
I removed Adobe 9 and reinstalled it. IE works fine now.
I had the same problem. IE8 could not be uninstalled so I just downloaded and reinstalled IE8 and it fixed the problem. Hope this helps others.
Thank you!
I'm a Linux (openSuSE) user and I had forgotten to look in 2 places (current settings and 'Lan" settings) for the proxy.. This laptop did have AVG installed and a few ' free' toolbars... dumbass'

Anyways, reading through your posts, caused me to look closer and recall there are indeed 2 places (probably more know MicroSucks) where proxy can be set..

Favors always take more than you really want to give...

Again, Thanks!
LandisReed.com
when on yahoomail, the internet explorer would suddenly close with the notice " internet explorer is closing", and the the browsing would be terminated. what could be the problem, and what are the solutions to it.
IE8, IE9, Adobe Acrobat X
Issue: IE error when presented with simple local pdf links
=========
These choices appear differently in micro-version changes of IE from MS, so try them all in order to get rid of the errors:

Modify Tools -> Manage add-ons -> [choose to display All Add-ons] -> Microsoft
Click on the Microsoft header item and click on Disable All
Modify Internet Options -> Advanced -> [Security section] -> Enable DOM Storage
Uncheck this box if it is checked
Modify Internet Options -> Advanced -> [Security section] -> Do not save encrypted files to disk
Check this box if it is not checked
=========
These changes will ensure that the Acrobat toolbar displays like it did in Acrobat 9 and ensure that you don't foul up a print job by printing the pdf before you actually have it on your local machine:

To make the Acrobat 10 plugin show the control tools automatically,
start Acrobat Reader via the Start Menu, go to Edit -> Preferences,
click on Internet and un-check "Display in Read Mode by default"
and un-check "Allow speculative downloading in the background"
to make sure you have it all before it is shown to you.
=========
Enjoy!
Larry Irwin
Addendum: If you still have a crash of the page when encounter a pdf link, try it while in "InPrivate" mode. This worked on many of our client's PC's and we did not have to determine the combinations of items causing the page crash. - Also - If you are using "https", do not check the box as recommended above in "Modify Internet Options -> Advanced -> [Security section] -> Do not save encrypted files to disk " - Acrobat needs the temp file...
I have been having problems with IE "encountering problems" and shutting down several times while I am working online... I've tried several recommended "fixes" and nothing has helped. I think it started when I downloaded Adobe Flashplayer 10.... I'm in the process of uninstalling it again and finding an old one to go back to. Maybe that will work.

Any suggestions will be more than welcome...

Thanks
Bill
hi

internet explore had encountered a problem and needs to close. we are sorry for the inconvenience

Pls how do u problem slove pls very urgent pls give send the mail .

Thanks
rajesh
explorer open when dond send messege comming
Mar 14, 2009 at 07:39 AM
how can solve dond send while opening a folder or game or explorer,,
can u help me,,plz......

by

jineshnandanam....
i have installed adobe reader 9. mine office is office 11. when I open the adobe page and start scrolling to check next page it suddenly get hanged and I have to reopen adobe file. what is the problem can someone help me?
hi for this problem reset your internet by entering tools-internet option-advanced tab and reser button

hope will help yuo fix the problem.
I had to disable one of my add-ons (Colliris) to fix the problem. I had also removed the picLens program, so this may have caused my problem

good luck!
plz install ie7....