Ask a question Report

GTA IV Installation problem [Solved]

namelessonez - Latest answer on Nov 17, 2010 06:29PM
I just got GTA IV for the PC. My rig is:
CPU: Core 2 Quad@2.33
Memory: 4GB DDR2 RAM
Graphics Card: GeForce 9400GT
Space: 500GB SATA HDD
I managed to isnatll the game's social club but when the game installation starts, I get the error "Your system is not compatible with %p."
I don't have SP1 or 2 yet. Is this the problem or something else?
Some help...
Read more 

moins plus
Best idea is go to regedit--Hotkey local machine----system----controlset001---control----search for 'windows'----click in it-------in that there will be csdversion.Double click it.change the value from 0 to 100 .That all save it and restart the computer.Your computer is upgraded to vista sp1.Run setup now.You will be definitely able to play
Flames- May 8, 2010 09:17PM
Thanks for choosing as best answer
bonfire817 2Posts Wednesday November 17, 2010Registration date November 17, 2010 Last seen - Nov 17, 2010 06:29PM
You are a genius! Thank YOU!!!
Add comment
moins plus
just right click the setup and choose the compability mode as windows XP sevice pack 3 or windows XP service pack 2 ! >>>>ENJOY<<<<
futurama- Mar 6, 2010 06:27AM
hey i wan ask u ab0ut gta 4..

all my requirements c0mputer is en0gh as gta 4 rec0mended..

but i use wind0ws 7..

can gta 4 play in wind0ws 7..??
Gamer4life 32Posts Tuesday July 20, 2010Registration date August 4, 2010 Last seen - Jul 20, 2010 05:41PM
yes it can, but you need 2.5Gigs of ram and a core Quad !!
Add comment
moins plus
For any problem related to the installation of GTA 4, please refer to this article: 1929 grand theft auto iv gta4 bugs
Also check out the compatibility of the Game on your system: 1709 check compatibility of a game online
Add comment
This document entitled « GTA IV Installation problem » from CCM ( is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.