Ask a question Report

ENABLE JAVASCRIPT in internet explorer 8 [Solved/Closed]

Isi - Latest answer on Jan 9, 2013 07:20AM
Hello,
I have tried to enable Javascript in my computer, and I just downloaded Internet
Explorer 8.
I tried to look up how to enable it a couple of times, but it inly shows
how to enable Internet 7 and down..
I can't really do everything I do on myspace, and it's stressing me out.
please help!!!
:(
Read more 
Answer
+56
moins plus
CLOSE IE8, or rather to be on the safe side just close all programs before you proceed.

NOW
GO TO START > RUN
TYPE: CMD
TYPE: regsvr32 jscript.dll
ENTER
OPEN IE8 and try....

Have FUN :)

Minal- Dec 4, 2012 08:42AM
Thanks a lot
rajesh- Dec 31, 2012 04:29AM
thanks a lot it worked for me such a simple thing...!!!!!!....:)
Answer
+18
moins plus
IE8 on Vista and Windows 7 has a new security restriction that is turned on by default for ALL zones on the security tab.
Go to Internet Options - Security Tab - Internet - click on the "Custom" button then scroll down to the Miscellaneous section. There are several entries that control the JavaScript engine in IE8. One of them is named "Allow script-initiated windows without size or position constraints". This item is disabled in all zones in IE8. That means that any link that calls a JavaScript function that opens a new window will not work if the size or location of the new window is not specified in the link. Change this item to "Enable" and those links will work again. You must do this for all zones.

Bottom line - the JavaScript Window.Open() function will not work if you don't specify at least the new window size or position in the function call.

RiahFire- Apr 3, 2010 12:21AM
Steve, How do specify the new widow size or position/ and what is a function call? Please Help!
johnny- May 3, 2010 04:55PM
how do i find the security tab LOL?
bcw71- May 6, 2010 01:39AM
Thank you Steve. I searched for a solution over the last few hours and you solved my problem!
Answer
+13
moins plus
Hi All...

Add this line at the top of U r page and run this page on internet explorer 8
It will allow javascript to work.

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1- strict.dtd">
<meta http-equiv="Content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7" />
<meta name="robots" content="noodp,noydir" />

Ok Bye

Tekqnikal Designer- Mar 26, 2010 02:53AM
YA... im working on a 70 page site for my rehab and i made a menu including <div>s that appear onscroll and it worked in the old internet explorer but i just installed 8 and it wouldnt work and that little line of code made all the difference... thanks
Stefan- Apr 20, 2010 02:16AM
AMAZING MAN THX ALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT
Vivek Bhanse- Jan 9, 2013 07:20AM
Thanks a lot
Answer
+12
moins plus
hi,

Open Internet Explorer and try this:

Tools > internet options > security > custom level...

Find "Active Scripting"

then check enable.

vj- Jan 30, 2010 05:19AM
thanx so muj........but its already been activated.........i guess i have to download flash player
phil- Feb 3, 2010 07:33AM
hi i'm having the same prob but custom level not showing up when i go into tools can you help.
RiahFire- Apr 3, 2010 12:13AM
i have tried that millions of times, and it still says that its enabled but nothing has worked!
and now i cant do anyhting i want to on the internet please help!!
Enguru- Apr 17, 2010 05:36AM
Thanks'da dybbody.
Linesh- Dec 6, 2012 02:22PM
thanks a lot....
Answer
+10
moins plus
I use Windows XP with IE 8. I have JavaScript enabled, but yet I've come across websites that don't seem to recognize it. The site will tell me I need to have JavaScript enabled, to do whatever, even though I already do. What's the problem?

Answer
+9
moins plus
BELOW WORKS !!!
BUT YOU NEED TO run as administrator so go to the windows button bottom right
right cmd
right click the result and "RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR"
in the black box
TYPE: regsvr32 jscript.dll
ENTER
OPEN IE8 and try....

alex- Apr 28, 2011 05:12AM
Thanks - this fixed my issue. I spent 2 hours trying to find a resolution this this.
Answer
+7
moins plus
thank you so much dybbody i was tired from this problem and by u it's solved so thank's again

Answer
+7
moins plus
Thank god for this page, I have been tearing my hair out trying to turn on Java script in Int Exp 8

Answer
+6
moins plus
thank you

Answer
+6
moins plus
hello, i am having the same problem

i went to Tools > internet options > security > custom level > "Active Scripting" > i checked enable,

various of times and still nothing is happening

is there anything you can do ?

showjumper- Nov 19, 2009 02:15PM
on windows xp it was already enabled when I followe that advice but still couldn't get onto my sky account page as stating javascript not enabled.

??????????

as sky only send me a paper bill AFTER they have taken the money out it is causing a slight inconvenience to say the least!
Answer
+4
moins plus
Hi
I have downloaded IE8 and not able to use java script. NOw with this help . i am able to use Java Script Enable pages. Thanks for this.

joy

Answer
+2
moins plus
thank boss

Answer
+2
moins plus
it is actually working body...

thanks a lot

Answer
+1
moins plus
Hi,
Please check you starting scripting tag.

if this
<script language="javascript" type="application/javascript">

then replace with this
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">

Its working fine Enjoy :)

This document entitled « ENABLE JAVASCRIPT in internet explorer 8 » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.