Vista boot into blue screen then restart

Closed
Zach - Jul 5, 2009 at 01:36 PM
 joan - Aug 15, 2010 at 10:19 AM
Hello,
Well for the past 2 months my Windows partition of my hard disk will not boot due to some unknown error. (I have been forced to use Ubuntu on the other partition.) Now, I don't like Ubuntu because you have to know a lot of stuff just to get, oh say, your sound to work. >:( I cannot get anything to work on Ubuntu, Windows was where I am was 'at home'. lol. Anyways, when I start-up my computer and choose the Windows partition the computer boots and gives me either "Windows Disk Repair" or "Start Windows Normally". (Something around that area, may not be exact words.) But when I choose disk repair the screen blinks and it shows the same screen. Then, I choose boot Windows normally and it starts to load but it flashes a blue screen and then the restart. =( Can somebody please help me so I can get my Windows working again? I do not like Ubuntu.
Related:

4 responses

Anonymous User
Jul 6, 2009 at 01:25 AM
Hi !

Could you go into the safe mode ? Booting Windows XP in Safe Mode

C u !
I can't get into safe mode either. It gives me an option to open a command line from the Partition Selection screen.
Hi,

Had exactly the same problem as you - drive was successfully mounted using Mac computer

elly
yeah I have had the same problem with "windows disk repair"

I googled "windows startup repair annoyance" and I got my solution