Ask a question Report

How to disable username & password network pc [Solved/Closed]

rhandz00781 - Latest answer on Dec 12, 2012 09:07AM
Hello,
I have a problem with my network computers. The computers have shared folders. Having configured with file sharing, I wanted this computers to communicate well in my LAN. I can view this computers on my network places but when I access it, username and password box appear. I am only having a small network and don't have any file server. All of this computers are running with Windows XP Pro.
Read more 
Answer
+207
moins plus
I have found a way to disable the nagging password box in Windows 7 (probably Vista too).
1. Click Start
2. Under you user picture, right click Network
3. Choose properties (this opens Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center)
4. Click Choose homegroup and sharing options in the lower list (this opens Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Homegroup)
5. Click Change advanced sharing settings... (this opens Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings)
6. The setting right before the last one is: Password protected sharing!
7. Choose Turn off password protected sharing and you are good to go without any restarts and stuff.

Bonus: A quicker way: Type "advanced share" and choose Manage advanced sharing settings
(this will guide you to step 5.)

SidestickMaster- Jun 5, 2010 09:18PM
Worked for me. Now I can connect my XP and Vista64 machines to Win7 64bit. Easy as Pie!
MBS- Jun 20, 2010 01:02AM
Bless you...
rob lover- Jun 22, 2010 06:54PM
i want ur babies..ur amazing i LOVE you
Slain- Jul 2, 2010 07:54AM
Awesome - Dude... sometimes even us IT Pro guys can miss a tiny detail like that. Was wondering why the stupid "username-password" box kept coming up when accessing my two Win7 machines.
Thanks man
Segwin- Dec 12, 2012 09:07AM
Works great!
Answer
+55
moins plus
Login to Network without password

Windows XP does not allow network users to access without password
To allow network users to access without password
1-click Start > Run > and type gpedit.msc to run Group Policy
2- Go to Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options
3- In right panel, right click “Accounts: Limit local account use of blank passwords to console login only” and select properties and select Disable

ayham- Nov 28, 2012 11:03AM
thank u .....
Answer
+23
moins plus
Dear!

Right Click On C: Drive Then Select properties

then Select Sharing & Enable JUST FILE SHARING

BYE!

Piyush Ghadiya

Answer
+19
moins plus
Nice post about how to fix it one WINDOWS 7. But the problem we are all having is on Windows XP PCs, No Windows 7 anywhere on the network, and still no fixes. Anyone got a real solution instead of just guesses?

Answer
+15
moins plus
Hi !

Start with removing File sharing
Control panel > Network connections > Right click on your network card > Properties > Select File sharing ..., then click on Uninstall (or remove)
On the same window, click on Install > Service > File sharing... and validate all the windows

Always, on the control panel, double click on Folder options > View. Make sure that the last case "Simple file sharing" is on.
Right click on a folder > Properties > Sharing, and activate the sharing for all folders.

C u !

Answer
+9
moins plus
Sir,

I have one thing to ask before doing what you have said. Like what I've said we don't have any server like Microsoft Server 2003, configured in our office. We are only using basic network setup. When we are going to share our files we put it on a folder then right click point properties click and go to sharing.Its that very simple. Before, one of this computer is infected with a virus and the system is damage so it is reformatted & the windows is reinstalled back. I have to tell you that before the system is reformatted everything is working good. I can access the computer on the network and view or edit files in it.After the installation is done and the computer is put into the network this issue happens. It prompt for username and password dialog box. Can you explain to me why this thing happen.What are the causes? What should I do?

Ill be hoping to hear you soon and your answer will be much highly appreciated

fahd_zboot 12186Posts jeudi 29 novembre 2007Registration date ContributorStatus January 27, 2015 Last seen - Jul 7, 2009 12:08AM
The problem can be caused by the type of file sharing (in Folder Options > View)

If the simple file sharing is disabled (which means advanced mode is activated), when you share a folder, it will be shared but you must tape the password of the session to access this folder.
Zohaib Mushtaque- Mar 30, 2010 08:31AM
i was having the same problem and my problem was solved with above mentioned solution..hats off for > rhandz007
Bali is Heaven- Jul 12, 2010 03:03AM
Best answer works with windows xp.. thanks fahd_zboot
Answer
+5
moins plus
Sir,

Again, thank you very much. I'll do what you have said.

This document entitled « How to disable username & password network pc » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.