Computer doesn't recognize ipod

Solved/Closed
bunny lover - Updated on Jun 6, 2017 at 04:28 PM
 feris - Apr 23, 2019 at 08:37 PM
Hello,
one day when my ipod ran out of battery and I connected it to my computer but it didn't show up and it still charged so I connected it to my macbook and it showed up. The next day I spent $50 worth of songs on my computer but my ipod doesn't connect so I can't add them on and i'm afraid that if I uninstall itunes then that money will go to waste what can I do??
Related:

17 responses

I KNOW THE SOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it's not the computer it's the ipod
hold down the menu and the center button for about 15 second and that reboots it (don't worry you'll keep all your files) and then plug it into the computer again, it should turn on!
i've tried that lucy but it still doesnt work. I tried installing itunes again but it still didnt work. I also did that putting my ipod in save mode but still my computer or itunes doenst recognizes my ipod ...... nothings worked so far.
i also tried another computer and a different cable but noting ..... I tried my cousin's ipod on my computer with my ipods cable and her ipod worked on my computer with my cable ..... so I dont know what the hell is the problem ..... SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!
Thanks Lucy - That totally worked for me! I didn't even think about rebooting the ipod when I ran into this problem. But rebooting usually solves all my problems. Thanks again, and happy holidays