I cannot get my son to remember his password

Closed
truckerswife12302004 - Jul 6, 2009 at 10:05 PM
 Stradian - Jul 7, 2009 at 11:11 PM
Hello, i am having troubles........my son put a password on my computer, and now he does not remember it.....I would like to put my foot up his back side .....Please help......Thank-You

2 responses

If your Son is not using the Windows default Admin account OR Password protected it you can do this, This doesn't mean at all if your son has a admin account or not.

First shut down your computer, all shut down? Alright now Turn it on and repeatably hit F8 until a screen shows up that you would not normally see, this is the boot mode menu. On this screen, use the up arrow to select 'Safe Mode with command promt'

Windows should now boot normally. A new account known as 'Administrator' should show up. Click on it, If unmodified, it should not have a password. Windows will ask you a question, tell it not to a windows restore.

Go to the Start menu, and click the "run" icon. Now type in the box 'cmd.' This should bring up command prompt.

Type in the Prompt: "Net User"
Then Type in "Net user (Your Son's Account name here) * " (include the *)

It will now promt you to change the account's password, leave it blank by just clicking enter, if you do type a password, the Command promt will not show it.

It will then ask you to confirm it.

Congratulations, No more password problems.
strnnger Posts 257 Registration date Thursday May 14, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 30, 2010 32
Jul 7, 2009 at 04:19 AM
Hi,

Did your son ,put the password as administrator ?

Please choose the hint options , it will provide you a tip to be able to remember your password.