Adobe Flashplayer failed to instal

Solved/Closed
Muddy - Jul 14, 2009 at 01:23 AM
 e2802r - Jul 21, 2010 at 03:47 PM
Hello,
I have Windows XP and am using IE 8.

Flashplayer was working yesterday using IE 7. Stopped working so I downloaded IE 8.

I have uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted, everything. I even downloaded the SubInACL file that the Adobe website recommended to fix registry problems. I've done every bit of troubleshooting from Adobe website and still nothing.

The download manager gets to 100% then says "Error: Failed to Register". I hit "Close Download Manager."
A new window pops up prompting me to download the installer. I do then it says "Failed to Install."

I have downloaded the standalone flash player package, I've tried installing flash player 9, nothing works!

Any help would be very much appreciated!
Related:

6 responses

This solution works for Windows XP:
1. Uninstalll (clean) the Flash files from your cimputer. http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html
2. Reboot your computer.
3. You must have administrator privileges to successfully complete these following instructions.

Warning: these steps modify your registry entries.

4. Follow the instructions to download the SubInACL tool from the Microsoft Download Center. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e8ba3e56-d8fe-4a91-93cf-ed6985e3927b&displaylang=en
5. Download SubInACL.msi to a folder of your choice.
6. Download the reset_fp10.zip file. http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/494/cpsid_49419/attachments/reset_fp10.zip
7. Extract the reset_fp10.cmd. Important: Be sure that both the subinacl.exe and reset_fp10.cmd files are in the same location (folder)
8. Double-click reset_fp10.cmd.
9. This will open a command window and execute the SubInACL tool.
10. Do not use the machine while SubInACL is running.
11. When it is finished you will see "Press any key to continue".
12. Install the Flash Player from www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer.
A solution... finally! Thank you so much. I've been battling with this for days and have tried so many different things!

Happy New Year!
--Catherine
I tried all of the steps mentioned and still get the same error message after reboot et al...Error: failed to register..Adobe is no help! Anyone know what to do next?
flyfishtherockies
Jan 28, 2010 at 11:23 AM
Your remedy worked for me. Just need to make sure you install the subinacl program and move as was mentioned in to the same location. Ran the cmd script and it took care of my installation of the flash player version 10. Thank you very much for the info.
I found out my problem with Adobe Flash Player not working was another program I had installed called WinPatrol which it seems disables active x programs. I finally uninstalled the winpatrol program all resumed to working order. You may have a similar program installed on your computer?
Thank you so much! It worked!
HI! The article that is located here, http://filetonic.com/blog/2009/12/04/trouble-installing-adobe-flash-player-10/
has lots of good tips. One of them might be the one that you need.
In flash_fix's message:
7. Extract the reset_fp10.cmd. Important: Be sure that both the subinacl.exe and reset_fp10.cmd files are in the same location (folder)

You really need to be sure that you're running the reset_fp10.cmd in the same folder. It installs by default to the "C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools\" folder. So, be sure that the reset_fp10.cmd file is in this folder as well.

Maybe try that step again?? It worked for me as soon as it finished running.

Good luck!
I had to download the C:Program\Windows Resource Kit\Tools from Microsoft and then followed your process to the tee but no luck. Still get the same error message..this is really frustrating as I'm not a computer guy by any stretch of imagination..any other suggestions would be appreciated...will take it in to the local "expert" on Monday but am fearful that they will just mess things up more.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Bob
When I try to do and try to down load it say u computer is on safe mod and download fail

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Awesome Flash_Fix!!!!!
this really did work for me.. make sure you have logged in with administrator privileges... and you extract "reset_fp10.zip" to the location of SubInACL... stop all applications using flash(including internet explorer or any browsers etc).. then just run the reset_fp10.cmd from there(location of SubInACL).. wait for the text "Press any key to continue".. finally just install adobe flash player from "www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer" and follow instructions.

Good luck!
sadgurl Posts 697 Registration date Thursday May 14, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 24, 2010 219
Jul 14, 2009 at 07:39 AM
hi.

try to do a system restore and see if it helps:

>start
>all programs
>accessories
>system tools
>system restore

select a date prior the problems started.