SIMS 3 mobile - upgrade house and gardening [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question mickeyd - Last answered on Jul 9, 2017 at 07:27 PM by Age
How do you upgrade your house? I've been playing for a while (probably 2 weeks SIM-time) but can't see how to upgrade the houdse, which is what I think I need to do to start gardening.

Thanks! M
See more 
Helpful
+239
plus moins
The answer to all your questions is that you get offered a house upgrade, you cant get one yourself, when they do offer you an upgrade go onto the little chair icon at the bottom of your screen then click HOUSE UPGRADE !!!.
Now for gardening, its different, you can only start gardening when you have had a couple of house upgrades, then once you have had them upgrades you get a new door, its your garden door, when you go out that there is a patch where you can grow items of food, you can harvest them and sell them at the shop, however you will need a watering can and fertalizer.

I hope this has helped you with your questions :)
But I have a question of my own: How many people can live with you at once, and can you have children ?

Love,
Alexis <3
xxxxxxxxxx
Molly- Jan 2, 2013 at 10:37 PM
My favorite cheat is the money cheat. You click hints and scroll down to gardening tips. You shake your device and every time you shake it, it gives you another 500 dollars!!!
Kim- Jan 9, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Where do I go for hints to use the money cheat
arffii- Mar 3, 2013 at 11:40 AM
omg. thank you so much molly
:)- Mar 9, 2013 at 09:34 AM
you can only have cildren in sims 3 ambitions
Helpful
+41
plus moins
Well, I have had the Sims 3 for mobile for about 2 weeks now and I haven't found any "cheats" but I have found my way around this tiny little sim world.

First, thing that is very important is selling what isn't needed right away. I sold my table and chairs ( they will eat standing), the extra cabinet and the tv. To sell the items in the home hit the select button in the far left corner, then go to building mode. After this is done head to the Hobby shop ( you can hit the select button or just walk out the front door and click on the floating city icon). Purchase a fishing kit at first from the Hobby shop. Fish until your thumbs are locked, lol. Then sell the fish at the Quickmart
Catfish sell for 25
Snapper sell for 45
Trout sell for 50
Salmon 65
Tuna 100
Plus residents like Anya (catfish for 200), Johnny, and Nina will pay top dollar for fish.
You will need a cleaning kit and repair kit - but the first thing I did for 3 sim days was wake up and fish.
My first purchase was a stove, then the house upgrade (which is offered by notice and you can use your telephone in the sim living room to get it for 1000).

Career advancement info
First you can make more money just fishing than at any career I have found as of yet. But you need to advance to unlock more stuff.
So for the science career befriend Anya and have your gardening and fishing skills up) I did this all before I went for the job and ask for a raise until I got up to 260 daily - dont know how to get to the last raise/promotion as of yet.
For the political you need to be at the top of all your skills, befriend all the sim neighbors and be best friends with Ruth.
For the Quickmart you have to befriend Bernie ( which is a bit of a handful he is quick and doesnt like to chat) then you get a raise every 10 days ( with the others I have gone to the final levels all in one conversation). This one is the longest in the career as far as being promoted: the others I have completed in one day with my skill levels up the way the needed to be. Plus in this career you needed your repair skills and cleaning skills honed.

Relationship info
Okay this is a pretty easy thing. Just chat or talk about a skill until you are befriended. Then if you are interested in the sims start with a simple flirt and the bar will show good friend and the date bar. If you just keep up casual conversation and friendly interactions then you will become best friends however, if you flirt, tell flirty jokes, embrace and kiss soon you will be dating. Continue with flirting, kissing and the infamous woohoo sessions and you can become partners. Keep the loving feeling up and you can ask the sim to marry you, which leads to an engagement and then you can pop the big question.

FYI- asking to marry at the other sims house will enable you to use there high end furniture (stove, computer) (Luke, single has a great place to learn to cook) while you save and buy what you need - then just go home invite them over and they will move in. Unlike the other sims games you can only control the sim you originally create and therefore have no combined sim dollars with marriage.
Additionally, you can get money by slapping and kicking over other garbage cans for other sim per request and since they seem to forgive easily you can make up my apologizing for your bad behavior.
chidee- Jun 15, 2010 at 05:08 PM
where do you find anya? I can't find her. I have iTouch, do I have her?
NICOLE- Jul 6, 2010 at 08:02 AM
CHEAT!!!

GO ON GARDENING TIPS AND SHAKE YOUR PHONE AND YOUR BE RICH!!!! YOU WILL SEE DOLLARS SIGNS!
evee- Jul 24, 2010 at 06:16 AM
Wow :) You've put some great help on here, but how do you sell things at the Quickmart? I think I can only buy...
Helpful
+14
plus moins
A lot of you are confussed and im not suprised as what you dont realise is that there are in fact 2 versions of the sims 3 mobile. One is designed for the latest phones like iphone etc and offers many more in game options. The other version is what I used to have on my nokia 6700, it has poorer graphics and you can hardly do anything! no gardening, no house upgrades, all buildings are identical and the car is pretty much useless as all it does it makes you move up streets a little faster plus there are no mini games or shops (except the minimart on the phone)

I hop that sheds some light for those of you who are desperately trying to figure out why you cant do certain things.
kimmy- Dec 29, 2009 at 04:21 AM
Rayman (or anyone else who knows), where can you buy or download the latest version of sims 3 on mobile I got mine off this site a few days ago (http://www.aff.mobilefun4hours.com/sims3/?a_aid=vcm&CampaignID=6915d541) but it doesn't seem to get any upgrades or anything after 30 days (game time). btw I have a samsung f480i touch screen if that affects anything.
ab- Jan 1, 2010 at 04:12 AM
so is the new version with better graphics etc only available to ipods and ipod touch or is it available to samsung touch to ?
cocoa- Apr 22, 2010 at 09:12 PM
Dude I think there must be 3 or more versions, because I have TS3 on my Blackberry curve, and there is no chair in the bottom of the screen for house upgrades, plus I have all the mini games. I got the house upgrades when the message popped up but I had to use the kitchen phone to access the option to buy furniture or upgrade house. My version has 75 goals but I discovered only 63 of them and even though I did all 63 goals that I discovered, only 55 of them are checked off. so I need to know what makes them get checked off? And how do I discover the rest of the goals?
biddy- May 6, 2010 at 04:49 PM
you need to make diferent sims (manaic, sleeze, jack of all trades) they all have different personal goals that need to me met
Helpful
+9
plus moins
use your phone which is located in the kitchen of your house on the wall
lbm/lfc/bb- Jul 29, 2009 at 07:38 AM
There isnt any upgrading options on my phone menu!
shel- Aug 8, 2009 at 11:48 AM
hi ya, when I was looking for the answers to my problem I found yours, I have the same problem, I seem to be able to do nothing except go to other sims houses, fish and go to work. I can't improve the house or do gardening like everyone else and I have about 18,000 to spend but on nothing! (how fun)
did you ever figure out the problem? :)

shel
blairwitch- Aug 10, 2009 at 08:46 AM
there is a phone near the kitchen of your house, from there see option which is the upgrade your house. from there you can upgrade your house.
Bunnie69 shel - Sep 6, 2009 at 05:12 PM
okie guys so the answer to ur qeustions are very simple the reason why u cant upgrade is because the game itself tells u wen they have a new house upgrade for u so even though u'v been playing for a while doesnt matter u have to wait untill u get a msg saying there is a new house upgrade waiting for u and wen that happens u have to go to ur phone in the kitchen in the game ofcourse lolz and go down to house upgrades and u'll be able to upgrade wen the game has new upgrades for u I hope this helped! :)
Helpful
+7
plus moins
Anybody knows how to get a promotion from Genetic Resequencer? (Biologist, 240§ per day)
Boss (Anya) always declines my requests, but my relationship with her is "Partners'
cocoa- Apr 22, 2010 at 09:05 PM
I think that Genetic Resequencer is the top of the line. I can't seem to go any further either.
caliboy- Jun 29, 2010 at 08:26 PM
u have to upgrade ur skills for ana {also my partner-lol}to accept promotion
Helpful
+6
plus moins
I got a spouse and it said I could upgrade :)
Helpful
+5
plus moins
ok so you play for a little wihil and after a little bit you can go to the edit icon on the bottom left of the screen (it is a picture of a chair) and there you can sellect weither you want to buy, sell, move items and you can click an icon on the far right of the three choices that sees upgrade ut you will only get to do this evry once and a while remember it takes a while to get it
kat- Oct 19, 2009 at 04:22 AM
i have the same problem, I can't upgrade the house, their is no buy furniture option. their are no mini games such as gardening, fishing, cooking and fixing. all the buildings look exactly the same as mine and their are no other shops except the food one which also sells a car which doesn't do anything. has anyone found out how to fix this or get your money back?!
Helpful
+4
plus moins
How do u get world knowledge to get a higherpaying job (for the iPod touch)
Helpful
+3
plus moins
Well... knowing there are 2 versions explains a whole heck of a lot, lol! I stopped trying this game months ago. It was, unfortunately, a huge waste of time. I've since installed Sims 2 on my PC and having a grand old time. If you're not using the version for the newer iPhones (and the like) save yourself the frustration and trash the game!
Helpful
+3
plus moins
you must go to the phone and there is that upgrade house but it is much expensive ist 1000 but I dont have it am looking for mobile sims 3 cheats
Helpful
+2
plus moins
You have to have had the right promotions and the right amount of coins(when you reach the correct level of promotion in your job the amount it will cost will come up when you use your phone, go to phone >uprade house>if there is an upgrade available it will say>would u like to upgrade now>click yes on the bottom left)

To get a promotion > MENU > CAREER >SEE WHO YOUR BOSS IS > VISIT THEM > WHEN YOU HV MADE FRIENDS AN OPTION SAYING....ACTIONS THEN CLICK ON ASK FOR RAISE...hope this helps : D

And I am now stuck on getting an even bigger house it jus askes me for an upgrade n then my screen goes blank lol ggrrrr
annoyed- Jan 3, 2010 at 09:34 AM
does anyone know how to solve this problem?
:)- Mar 20, 2010 at 07:25 PM
yes buy an ipod touch!
Jenna- Apr 9, 2010 at 10:24 AM
ipod touches are the best :)
Laci- Apr 18, 2010 at 11:16 AM
Ha. I know right. :)
qyu- Feb 10, 2013 at 09:17 AM
how to sell furniture?
because I can't sell them. my house full of useless furniture.
Helpful
+2
plus moins
pls aw can I get rich I mean extremely rich in the game
NICOLE- Jul 6, 2010 at 08:04 AM
YES CHEAT, GO ON GARDENING TIPS AND THEN SHAKE YOUR PHONE AND YOU WILL BE RICH!!!!!
Helpful
+2
plus moins
How do you get rid of or sell furnishings?
Chuankaimah- Apr 28, 2010 at 07:30 AM
Go to build mode located in the menu icon at the bottom left hand corner of the screen.
caliboy- Jun 29, 2010 at 08:31 PM
y is it dat everytime I ask ana 4 promotion she gives it to me im getting paid 3400 daily in lab 4 ipod touch sims 3
Helpful
+2
plus moins
i just bought this today, and i'm loving it.

to get the upgrade 4 ur house, it cost 1,000 dollars. so, u might wanna get a bunch of raises for your job. Any way, you go to ur fone, then select (down towards the bottom) upgrade house.

hope that helps!!!! =) =) =)
Helpful
+1
plus moins
So how many times is the exact upgrade for ur house and wat is the highest career job?? currently im a vice president which pays 300 per day, is there any better?? thx for the help guys =)
Jeff- Dec 29, 2009 at 08:58 AM
Hi.
You have got two times of upgrading your house and you should be earning over 300 if you reach to the top.
You can find your boss in their house and ask for a raise.If there are no raise available, then you reach to the highest career job. Good luck!
Hoshina Utau- Mar 30, 2010 at 11:38 PM
i got the final house upgrade done but if u said if we reach the top of the career we should be earning over $300 right? but I only got $260 for my career. it said no raise available. :(
x- Apr 9, 2010 at 10:25 AM
where is it your workin ? try gettin a job somewhere else - the labs the best I think?
Helpful
+1
plus moins
go to the phone in your house and click uograde house but u need to have cash to do this
Helpful
+1
plus moins
in ur house click on telephone
an option will cum to call and upgrade
Helpful
+0
plus moins
You need $1000 to purchase the first house upgrade & $2500 for the second one.
Helpful
+0
plus moins
how do you know you can start gardening?
lampshade- Jul 11, 2010 at 04:02 AM
hi you need to get the highest house upgrade and then there will be a little gardening patch in your garden and you click that and then your away, hope this helped you .
Helpful
+0
plus moins
@ Val you use the car when you walk LOL
1 2 Next

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?