My computer will not wake from hibernate mode

Solved/Closed
packrat47 - Jul 14, 2009 at 01:46 PM
 Pam - Mar 29, 2018 at 10:21 AM
Hello,
Hi, last night my dear husband was looking on the internet at cars (as usual) and while I was in the shower he managed to put our HP zd7030us laptop into hibernate mode. I have done everything to make it wake up and NOTHING. There are no lights on the front and when I press the power button the icon on the front blinks but no other lights are on. It looks like it is dead. Ha
He is not familiar with a computer but knows how to look at sites that have cars on them so it has never been a problem for him to open what he is used to and then shut down the computer but last night he had to hit the hibernate button but does not know what he did.
I have removed the battery, held the power button and read online for any help I can get but nothing works. What can I do? HELP anyone.Thanks so much.
Related:

4 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,829
Updated on Nov 30, 2018 at 12:42 PM
I don't think it's in hibernation. I would try this trick:
  • Disconnect the power cord and pull out the battery.
  • Then press down the power button for a least 30 seconds.
  • Then reinsert the battery and reconnect the power cord and start the laptop normally.

This "hard reset" might fix your problem.

Good Luck
Hi, thanks for the info. I have been gone all week but wanted to let you know I tried your suggestion and truly appreciate your help but it still does not come on. The power light blinks when plugged in but the hard drive light does not light up. I think he really killed it......
Omg thank you soooooo much. My mom and dad almost bought a new computer lol this works for computers too. Just hold it down for a minute to be sure. Ur a savior, god bless you