Ask a question Report

My ipod has white screen of death [Solved/Closed]

lilk2300 - Latest answer on Aug 17, 2015 12:39PM
Hello,
my ipod has apples white screen of death but when hold select and menu it turns off and it's still white and then it beeps twice i did this exactly 18 times please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
Read more 
Answer
+1751
moins plus
Hey i just learned how to fix the white screen of death all you do is hold the home button then while still holding down the home button hold volume up button then while still holding those buttons go head and hold the power off button and hold that until you see the apple sign and THIS REALLY WORKS SO TRY IT

tonio- Jun 26, 2010 02:06PM
than u sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much
Jim- Jun 26, 2010 04:57PM
this works I just tried it. actually, i held down the home and menu buttons only and it worked.
thanks for the information.
kristi- Jun 28, 2010 10:57AM
ur a genious it works
bree- Jun 28, 2010 04:11PM
thank you so much
ME- Oct 7, 2012 06:41PM
thank you soooooo sooooooo soooooo much!!!!!!!! i couldn't get it working for days!!!! :)
Answer
+98
moins plus
I WANT TO KISS THE PERSON WHO HELPED ME SOLVE THIS PROBLEM.
OKAY SO I was like ''what is this person talking about?'' I'm pressing all the buttons and it stilll has the death screen. igot really annoyed cos I looked everywhere for it..
I tried everything, but then I reread the post again and I tired it.
my ipod turned off (cos it went reset.) but I tried to hold it for much longer and the apple sign came up and OMFG.
IT WORKS. I LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUU SO MUCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
THANK YOU. YOU ARE MY HERO. <3<3<3<3<3<3

past the helpful advice to people who have the same problem.
thank you sooooooooo much.

brent- Feb 10, 2010 10:31PM
OMG I DID WORK!!!! I LOVE THE PERSON WHO THOUGHT OF DOIN THAT!!! U FREAKIN ROCK!!!!
Answer
+69
moins plus
..ive heard this works for the iphone...but it did nothing for my ipod :(

pat- Jun 27, 2010 06:58PM
IT WORKS
JEEZ!
Answer
+31
moins plus
Thank You! I just got the thing yesterday and when the screen went blank i was just about scared shitless.

Answer
+31
moins plus
thanki u soo much i thought it was brooke for ever know it all waorks again thank u !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!::::))))))

summor95- Mar 10, 2010 03:11PM
It worked! Thanks so much!
adley- Jun 16, 2010 08:47AM
it still doesnt work for me..please help me..tried pressing those buttons..what else can i do?
Answer
+23
moins plus
Omg i love this, it really works i was freaking out already

kmac cc - Feb 22, 2010 09:03PM
my son's ipod shows the apple, then white again.
itouch lover :)- Mar 29, 2010 07:16PM
same with me ^^ mines showed the apple then it turned white again :(((
lala- Jun 14, 2010 08:27PM
Dude, your a life saver, i thought i had killed my cousins ipod D:
AH- Jun 23, 2010 09:32AM
you saved my life.
Bubbles- Jun 28, 2010 09:22AM
How long do you have to hold down the buttons in order to see the Apple?
Answer
+19
moins plus
Restore it on iTunes

Answer
+16
moins plus
thanks so much, i was so scared my ipod was done, adn i just got it for christmas, i have tried to restore it, and it wouldnt work, im 14, my mom was ready to choke me, thank you sooo much.

Abdullah- Mar 23, 2010 02:18PM
Thanks if you liked our idea. For others you can see it here too: http://tiny.cc/BPGpX
abbz- Jun 13, 2010 08:08PM
I have tried everything.....nothing seems to work for my ipod nano
pat- Jun 27, 2010 07:01PM
Hold the menu and the middle or the play and the middle
Answer
+10
moins plus
I followed what you told me to do and it fixed it great job mate thanks for the tip.

Hope others get there Iphone/Ipod fixed it did for my Iphone.

caley- Dec 29, 2009 06:34PM
thats awesome it fixed mine.THANKS
keke- Jun 8, 2010 06:34PM
that was soooooooooooo awsome thnx ur a genious
Answer
+10
moins plus
U can restore it on iTunes

Answer
+8
moins plus
thank you
thank you
thank you

fckin ipod- Jan 28, 2010 06:39PM
what buttons did you press?
pat- Jun 27, 2010 06:52PM
U push the wake/sllep button and the home button for 30 or 40 seconds
Answer
+7
moins plus
Oh my gosh you are so smart!! You saved my life all my information for my job was on there and I couldnt unfreeze it! But your approach really does work THANK YOU!!!!

Answer
+7
moins plus
my ipods screen turned white many times usually when its shutting off from a low battery and at the same time i plug it in to charge it .................... all i did was wait a few hours and instead of resetting your ipod and loosing all the information just wait and it goes back to normal..

Answer
+6
moins plus
All you hvae to do is hold the home button and sleep or lock button at the top of the device for 10 seconds untill it powers down then restart it and its fixed i just did it

Answer
+6
moins plus
you are a genius! thankyouuuuuuu

Answer
+6
moins plus
OH MY GOSH... THANK YOU... IT WORKED.:)))

Answer
+5
moins plus
wow thank you! totally didnt expect this to work! i was freaking out thinking my ipod was a goner!

Answer
+5
moins plus
Hi this really worked Thanks alot. It's smiple just hold the play/pause button then hold down the right side of the volume button for 20 seconds if not keep holding it like I did.
It worked for me imagine what it can do for you. THANK YOU THANK YOU. God Bless

Answer
+5
moins plus
HEY, IF THE ABOVE DIDNT WORK,

try just holding the home buttion and power button on the top. it may take a while but its worth a try if the volume button doesnt work!

Answer
+4
moins plus
ahh this realt works i was freaking out and alomst thought i had to buy a new one and then found this and it really works !
thannk you so muchh!

Chris- Dec 21, 2009 11:54AM
Wow this really worked thanks man.
girl- Mar 19, 2010 03:17PM
yah it just happened o me then i just did that and it worked holyy i was freakinn out for a second lol
1 2 Next
This document entitled « my ipod has white screen of death » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.