Why won't my speakers work? Please help me!!!

Solved/Closed
melcookx3 Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday July 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 16, 2009 - Jul 15, 2009 at 10:16 PM
 bobby - Jun 8, 2010 at 09:25 AM
Okay, my speakers are turned on. They are plugged in. I have downloaded jave & adobe.
When I go to my control panel and click sounds, speech, & audio devices, it says that I have no audio device. They are Altec Lansing speakers. Two of them.
I've tried to find free sound card downloads and I can't seem to figure them out.
PLEASE HELP!
Related:

5 responses

Try this, it worked for me! Click on the START menu and then click Control Panel. Then click on Add Hardware. Click Next and then wait for wizard to finish its searching for hardware. Click on Yes, I have already connected the hardware then click Next. Scroll down and click on Add a new hardware device and then click Next. Click on Search for and install the hardware automatically (Recommended) then click Next. It will ask you if you know the specific hardware model, just click Next. Scroll down and click on Sound, Video and Game Controllers then click Next. In the box under Manufacturer click on (standard system devices), and in the box under Model, click on Audio Codecs then click Next. To start installing your hardware click Next. After its all done click the Finish button. Hope this helps you. Good luck!