5.1 Surround Speakers Not working

Solved/Closed
rj0209 - Jul 2, 2008 at 02:51 AM
 Heman - May 4, 2011 at 01:09 PM
Hello,
Motherboard: nforce3-a
speakers: Logitech x-540
sound card: Creative SoundBlaster (SB) Audigy SE

5.1 surround sound is not working... Applications and Drivers are fully updated, I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the drivers. When I select 5.1 under the types of speakers in my application, it disables my center speaker, and makes my rear speakers really garbling. When I select 2.1, it gives me EVEN crystal clear quality sound from all the speakers. I have also checked all the connections three times.
Related:

13 responses

Ok I know this post has been here for an age but ive just stumbled upon it today,i too had the same problem not getting my 5.1 to work,here's how I sussed it,open up the EAX console or advanced HQ (its the same thing) on the thrid panel along you will see CMSS 3D click it,i find selecting CMSS 3D 2 is the one that works for me,just play a music track at the same time your changing the effects to get the best result,hope this works
THanks Trance Man, but where am I supposed to find the EAX console or advanced HQ ?
Can I download this somewhere, cause Im pretty sure the Realteck Configuration Audio HD does not allow me to access advanced settings like those...
acidman > david
Feb 1, 2009 at 06:28 PM
Make sure your source is 5.1 surround sound (YouTube Halo recordings are not). You can download a true test from http://kadaitcha.cx/3dsurround.html It worked for me. My Logitech X-540 system was mute until I moved the green connector from the white (wide) output on the sound card into the green output below it (a flashlight helped figure out that counter-intuitive error). Then the Realtec test worked properly but I couldn't hear any sound surround from my audio or video recordings. Only after I downloaded true 5.1 did I appreciate that it was working. As someone said, the Matrix button needs to be off to hear all tracks on a 5.1 source.