Windows XP Home Edition installation CD

Solved/Closed
Budi - Jul 3, 2008 at 07:52 AM
 MeMe - Feb 22, 2010 at 07:05 PM
Hi,

I'm here to help! If you purchased a computer with Microsoft Windows XP, and it is genuine, then you will find that setup on the computer. Open Local Disk (C:), and if you see one folder named "i386" then you have the setup. Open this folder. Open the application "winnt32.exe" to start the setup. Type in your 25-character product key. You can find this product key in the outside body of your comp. Then install Microsoft Windows XP by the setup, or, if you didn't find that folder, purchase a fresh copy of Microsoft Windows XP before August!
Related:

4 responses

34540 Posts 2 Registration date Thursday October 16, 2008 Status Member Last seen October 17, 2008
Oct 17, 2008 at 02:50 PM
thank you.
if anyone is stuck with an original windows xp cd and lost the key, this is how to retrieve your key from the disk >>If you have lost your Microsoft Windows XP/Windows Vista Serial key number then here are some solution to retrieve the serial number.For windows xp users if you have your original CD with you then Insert WINDOWS XP CD into the player and Just explore the cd to find a folder called i386 where you will have a file unattend.txt.Open the text file and you will find the CD serial key of your Windows Xp when you scroll to the bottom!

enjoy :)
martin
thanks so much for the help!
for some reason it took me about 4 hours of googling and trying different keys and ideas until I found your post.
i've gone a little grey over this, but you've kept me from going bald!
cheers, I owe you one!
jazzer22 > blacktide111
Dec 11, 2009 at 01:58 PM
thats ok mate no problem.
the only reson I posted this info is because nearly every site I visited on this subject says that the key isnt on the disk or its encrypted. I just thought the info would be usfull to many people. I myself had the same problem a while ago. most of the pc expert forums suggest buying a new copy of windows or buying a new key from microsoft, anyway glad the info was useful and hope it helps others aswell.
have a great day

martin :)
Dear, Mr Martin.

Your instruction were succinct and to the point. It was exactly what I was looking for and you thur your knowlegde (and bless you) was able to indicate and guide me to retrive my MS Home Edition key.
My dog ate the CD cover slip in which the CD was stored. I removed the CD from ot's cover sheet and the
North-East wind blew it to the floor. My pet grabbed it and proceded to eat it; and when I relized that it was gone I decided to seek internet help in which I found you. SuperTech-Man. You guided me and I was able to re-retrive my Serial Key.
When your in Miami beach I take you Surfing.....

Surf's Up Dude and Thank's a Million...God-Bless
albert p.
Dude you are a GOD............
I tried for day's to find a product key for my XP Disk.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank GOD for you......
you can get a registration code extractor. it will search your OS and tell you what registration code is running windows. I am not sure what the link is but you can search google with the keywords "extract windows xp registration code"
dude wat u told is write..but it could find the Product key of the OS which is already been installed...I have different problem buddy..

I purchased windows xp started edition some 2 years back...but havent installed it still...now I wana install but m not able to find the key..where m I supposed to check..its a licenced n guinuine copy...if I contact Microsoft what should I tell....i tried searching within that cd but all in vain..do help
google in SIW and it will pick up your XP code
neverlosehope Posts 1 Registration date Monday September 8, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 9, 2008
Sep 9, 2008 at 03:45 PM
Hiiiii budi,

I Opened Local Disk (C:), then "i386" & "winnt32.exe" & I typed the 25-character product key

It works but there is a problem , this file C:\$win_NT$.~LS/I386/oembios.bin is missing.

so what can I do to solve this problem , can you help me ?
sam.choudhary11@gmail.com
Nov 26, 2009 at 07:50 AM
you need to install a fresh copy of window