External Hard Drive isn't Installing - why?

Closed
boweti - Jul 20, 2009 at 05:57 AM
 boweti - Jul 20, 2009 at 08:13 PM
Hello,
So I was in need of a little help guys.

I have this external hard drive it's a 3.5" External SATA Enclosure (lol). Now, I re-formatted it, put all my files to be backed up onto it and now when I plug it in for a second time it says it could not install the hardware.
It says found new hardware, needs to install. I click on locate and install hardware (recommended). A message says Window couldn't find driver software for your device. So you check for a solution and Windows checks but the message states Windows couldn't find driver software.
I am trying to install my external piece of shit onto Vista. Any helpful advice is welcome.
Related:

1 response

dancedhall Posts 3056 Registration date Wednesday May 13, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 12, 2010 655
Jul 20, 2009 at 06:12 AM
Before installing a SATA disk make sure that the necessary SATA drivers are installed, please check out the motherboard manual.
Thanks for a reply ^_^
Though, I don't really know much about computer IT. lol The thing is, I took the computer into the shop to get fixed. The technical man there I pressume did install all the necessary stuff for the external hard drive to work properly. I was able to make the thing work a couple of times in the past, it's just a little while later when I want to use it again it's now saying it's not installed. ><
I have a installer CD but it's only good for Windows 98. -_-'
Good luck! :)