Gpedit/Regedit/Task Manager + virus

Closed
Chase - Jul 22, 2009 at 03:11 AM
BlueTomato Posts 2 Registration date Thursday February 28, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 24, 2013 - Oct 24, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Hello,

I have obtained this problematic "System Security" and " Advanced Virus Remover" I tried doing some of the things ive read but am unable to run anything, internet, antivirus's, gpedit is not found as I dont have pro, and Im at a loss of what to do. Virus- no internet- no way to get into registry. Any help?
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Jul 23, 2009 at 12:52 PM
dear sir,

make a system restore your machine to the date where it worked perfectly
before you installed those softwares by following these steps

1.Press Start,
2.All Programs,
3. Accessories,
4.System Tools ----> System Restore
select a date when you were not infected then press next and
Let the process to be done Restart your machine normally This will solve the problem

Thanks
BlueTomato Posts 2 Registration date Thursday February 28, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 24, 2013
Oct 24, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Hello!

Antivirus Security Pro is a rogueware application. Even though it is made to look reliable and trustworthy it's not. It would be best to remove it completely.

Antivirus Security Pro's main purpose is to show you fake messages and warnings that your computer is infected and eventually makes you pay for the removal of those made up infections.

Here is an example of a fake warning: Warning! Infected file detected.

In some cases, getting infected with this particular virus may lead to your computer being locked.

To remove it, it is strongly recommended to download a real and reliable AV program.

If your computer is locked, please do the following:

- Reboot your PC and press the F8 key constantly.

- From the menu, choose Safe Mode with Networking.

- Open your browser and type the web page address of your chosen antivirus tool in the address bar.

- Download it.

- Install the AV program and do a scan with it.

Here is where you can read more http://www.xp-vista.com/spyware-removal/antivirus-security-pro-removal-guide