HTTP, HTTPS, FTP ports problem

Solved/Closed
Billy - Updated on Jan 29, 2019 at 03:06 PM
 Kev - Jan 7, 2014 at 02:28 PM
Hello,

I am having problems with my IE and when I try to use it, I receive this message: "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage".

When I diagnosed the connection problem and I am told "Windows cannot connect to the internet using HTTP, HTTPS, FTP. Check the firewall settings for the HTTP port (80), HTTPS port (443) and FTP port (21)."

Now, I know there are similar or even exact same problems to this but I tried every single resolution. None worked! I only have one firewall, I have used wireless and ethernet cables, I have used safe mode with networking, I have my LAN settings set to automatically detect, same with my IP and DNS and several other solutions.

It seems I can use MSN messenger perfectly fine, but still no response from Internet Explorer.

I have contacted my ISP, but they could not fix my problem.

Can anyone help?

Cheers!
System Configuration: Windows Vista Internet Explorer 8.0

4 responses

Dear sir,

Please use the following link to reset your browser to default settings.

Thanks!
That fixed my issue!! THANKS!!!
Simple solution and it works. problem started after I ran virus removal software on my laptop. Must have also changed certain settings. I was getting Windows cannot connect to the internet using HTTP, HTTPS, FTP. Check the firewall settings for the HTTP port (80), HTTPS port (443) and FTP port (21)." Fixed - thanks re_mi
thank you this worked for me after installing security software on my laptop