Itunes 64 bit problem

Solved/Closed
amazingman849 Posts 2 Registration date Monday July 27, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 28, 2009 - Jul 28, 2009 at 12:34 PM
 DoucheLeRoux - Feb 15, 2019 at 08:20 PM
Hello,

I keep having this problem with itunes when I try to connect my ipod touch to itunes. I keep getting this error message that says this ipod cannot be used because the required software is not installed. Run the itunes installer to remove itunes, then install the 64-bit version of itunes. I have already done this required step about a hundred times and I am still getting this same error so if you have any idea what I can do please help.
Related:

4 responses

Hi There,

I was running the 64-bit version if iTunes, and I did uninstall and re-install just to make sure -- no luck. Turns out there's a really easy solution, I'll spare you the detail of how I figured it out, but if you encounter the same issue, here's the solution:

1) Using WinRAR (or any other decent archiving program), extract iTunesWindows64Setup.exe
2) Right click on AppleMobileDeviceSupport64.msi and choose Properties.
3) Switch to the Compatibility tab and check the "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" box, and select your only option, "Previous versions of Windows", in the drop-down box.
4) Click OK
5) Double click the AppleMobileDeviceSupport64.msi
6) Tell it to Repair your current installation
7) Done!

Good luck...
Where is the file iTunesWindows64Setup.exe
Kia, you are the best! I have been loking for this all day! Thank you!

Frogginator, iTunesWindows64Setup.exe is the file you download from apple.