Gta 4 cannot play [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question maniey - Last answered on Apr 23, 2017 at 01:50 PM by Upanand
Hello,
when trying to play GTA IV. Application Failed to Launch. The application you are attempting to launch failed to start. GTA IV may be blocked by Windows Parental Controls/Family Safety..please tell how to solve this problem. and tell me step by step..
See more 
Helpful
+36
plus moins
It has nothing to do with the parent control.

I had the same problem and the solution is very simple your anti virus blocked the game just check the vault of pottencial harmfull files and one of them should be from GTA just restore that file and the game will run again with no problems :)

Just be sure that the anti virus won t think that file is harmful again.

Cumps Nitrooo
Was this answer helpful?  
kimlester- Mar 26, 2014 at 07:27 AM
how to fix gta iv parental control blocked
and textures gta iv
harikrish22- Apr 9, 2014 at 01:18 PM
need another solution
harikrish22- Apr 9, 2014 at 01:20 PM
how to check vault of pottencial harmfull file ? plz give a tutoria .
jacob- Oct 7, 2014 at 09:58 AM
thanks thanks thanks thanks
Upanand- Apr 23, 2017 at 01:50 PM
How to check the vault of potential harmful file
Helpful
+13
plus moins
I was having this problem , open your antivirus , go to tools , now click advance setting now unblock gta iv
Helpful
+1
plus moins
yea I hve the same prob. im using avg 9 internet security,. I dont think theres parental control for avg/. plz hekp me guys. I wanna play that game soo badly. I am already adminsitraotor
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Hello Sir,

You have to log in as administrator to be able to play the game

Please contact the Computer Administrator to help you

Thanks
Helpful
+0
plus moins
tanks a lot nitrooo. I saw my anti virus and he was removed the crack files. thats way I could play the game..
Helpful
+0
plus moins
*tanks a lot nitrooo. I saw my anti virus and he was removed the crack files. thats why I could play the game.
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Ok so here's the deal I dont know about computers and stuff but I like games specially gta iv I got the same error after playin it for 2 days beleive it or not when I changed the name of the folder in which I installed gta this problem occurred I searched every where but could not find the solution when I changed it back to the old name tha game start working..... I hope this helps you if you have changed anything before this erreo change it back.

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?