Trojan posing as anti virus

Closed
Pawl - Aug 4, 2009 at 03:17 AM
idear Posts 7 Registration date Tuesday March 3, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 2, 2010 - Aug 4, 2009 at 10:40 AM
Hello,
I have a trojan on my computer, it poses as anit virus software (win32 i think), and takes over my computer screen, changing my background tol an anti spyware message. It also disables task manager so i cannot close it like that. I luckily have two accounts on my laptop, and the other one appears to be fine, apart from every time i open internet explorer a pop up appears and and the windows defender thing comes up to stop the trojan installing. Is there any way i can delete the trojan? Or disable it in someway. Will a system restore help?

I really need help, this is a school lent laptop, and if it breaks i have to pay for it.

Cheers
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Aug 4, 2009 at 07:52 AM
Hye Sir,

Just try restoring your system to an earlier time,

Then update your windows system and also your antivirus

Please restore system here:

To do System Restore: Press F8 when the Computer starts after bios check, then select Safe Mode,
1.Click Start.
2.Point to All Programs.
3.Point to Accessories.
4.Point to System Tools.
5.Click System Restore.
Choose a date when your computer was working fine, then press Next Let the process to be done then the computer will restart normally.

Just try this

THanks
idear Posts 7 Registration date Tuesday March 3, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 2, 2010
Aug 4, 2009 at 10:40 AM
In fect you can do a free scan.
visit this page and download the tool called registry easy!
http://videodownloadstudio.blogspot.com/2009/03/what-is-trojan.html
It is easy to remove a trojan.