Javascript/adobe problem

Solved/Closed
crashh - Jul 10, 2008 at 03:54 PM
 rani - Jul 15, 2010 at 05:50 AM
Hello,
I have installed the latest adobe flash player and all that. and I have javascript turned on and everything .. but websites that need it such as youtube wont let me because they say I need the latest adobe flashplayer which when I dowload I get the 'completion video' so I presume it has downloaded yet it still doesnt work ... can anyone help me please!!
Related:

39 responses

thank you.Now I can watch youtube ok
How'd you get it to work?
i have also the same problem ,so some one tell what can I do?
I had the SAME PROBLEM!! I TRIED EVERYTHING TO FIX IT....THIS IS THE ONLY THING THAT WORKED!

I checked many times to make sure all my "settings" were right....they were.
Then,
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling both java and all adobe software TWICE....I even disabled my internet security in case it was some ad-blocker problem...still, it would not work.

THIS WORKED...and although you probably think you already did this, TRY THESE LINKS....THEY HELPED ME.

The first one to go to to unisntall JUST THE FLASH PLAYER ONLY is:

https://www.adobe.com/?id=tn_14157

Then you have to reinstall the FLASH PLAYER by going to:

https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

This really did work. I was pleasantly surprised after spending an entire afternoon trying to find out why I couldn't play flash videos although my java was turned on and I had all the latest updates. Hope this helps you, too!!!
worked for me jennifer thanks!!!!!
this definately works thanks jen x
THIS WORKED!!!!!!
LISTEN TO JENNIFER!!!!
Thanks Jennifer it really worked!!!
I have download the latest flash player and I have java script turned on but I can open youtube's videos.what to do...?
do you have verizon cause every since we got that service our computer has been messing up on the computer?
Mr Dude > CoCo863
Dec 9, 2008 at 09:51 AM
I have RCN and still have the same problem. I uninstalled the flash player, downloaded the latest and reinstalled twice, still no luck. Seems like this is a common problem as of late. I wonder if it's a problem with the latest version.
i think abode and you tube are in it together conning people into download their products ka ching
Are you downloading by manual?

Try saving it to the desktop then installing from there!

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Hello,
I have installed the latest adobe flash player and all that. and I have javascript turned on and everything .. but websites that need it such as youtube wont let me because they say I need the latest adobe flashplayer which when I dowload I get the 'completion video' so I presume it has downloaded yet it still doesnt work ... can anyone help me please!!
i have the same problem, but it was after yesterday that I applied those new patches maybe that its causing problem, I dont know what to do, maybe we need a new flash version for vista, and for instance ie7 and flash at vista can load youtube before, after yesterday it only appear this I dont know how can I fix it =/

update: here its the solution

Go to C:\windows\system32\Macromed\Flash, and run FlashUtil9b.exe

it was easy anyways adobe need to update their flash plugin fast
Diane > baykal
Mar 31, 2009 at 02:25 PM
Baykal
Thank you for your wonderfully simple solution to the JavaScript/AdobeFlash problem which has been vexing me since I update java a few weeks ago
Stud > baykal
Apr 5, 2009 at 02:30 AM
how the hell do you fix it? Thanks.
Camm > baykal
Apr 7, 2009 at 07:33 AM
Baykal,
Thank you for your solution,
It is soo simple yet how did you find it?
Thank you for your help. =]

Camm
hello,
my name is arya I have the same problem with youtube it says that your java is turned off.
you can go to ask.com and when you entered write how to turn on java script on youtube maybe they help you
hi I am complaining that everytime I go to youtube or myspace they wont let you see videos they will say you either have javascript turned off or have the latest version of flashplayer
IT a lot of cases this problem is due to having ad blocking set to ON in your anti virus software. turning it to OFF will fix the problem. Hope this helps
dali71 > Logite
Feb 12, 2009 at 12:45 AM
Thanks friend, you were right, it worked for me.
Is it any way to leave the ad block on but not getting youtube stuck?
newt > Logite
Feb 14, 2009 at 02:31 PM
Thanks soooooo much! This solved my problem that i've been plagued with for the last year or so!~!!!!!! I just had to uninstall adblock.
Tools> Add ons. And then I just chose uninstall in the new popup window next to adblock.
Thanks again. I can finally listen to music on myspace now!
jessie > Logite
Mar 2, 2009 at 12:58 AM
ur so awesome.... thank you... I had done everything and was about to throw my computer to the wall when I came across this info.... it's great and it really works... thanks again
prithu > Logite
Mar 5, 2009 at 07:59 PM
i am using NOD32. I couldnt find the option for blocking adware. Where do I disable it? please help
thank you, turn off adblock can fix it.
hey I have a problem to.. every time I download java it says it has encountered a problem putting it on and some times even though it says that it still works but I every time I upen up my browser I have to download java like 10 times for it to finally work so I can watch youtube and stuff. And about the flash player it says I cant download it because I have a 64 bit browser and I need a 32 bit browser. anyway does anyone know whats wrong with that stuff because that stupid java is really annoying I have to download it every time I open my browser just to watch youtube n stuff.
hey, i'm having the same problem with the JavaScript adobe flash... I keep installing it but I still have problems. How do I fix it.
hey, i'm having the same problem with the JavaScript adobe flash... I keep installing it but I still have problems. How do I fix it.
hey!
I have recently instlled my Window XP 2004 pack one. but when I m going to download Adobe flash player 10. it shows that you have either java script turned off or old version of flsh player when I want to play any video by youtube. how I will fix this problem.
kindly let me know asap
Same problem as everyone else are encountering it appears. I've down loaded everyhting as recommended but U TUBE will still not open any videos. A error message appears and informs me I need to update my version or install Java Scipting so my computer can play UTube items ????
Go to the 'Safari' pulldown (upper left corner) and hit 'reset Safari.' It's that simple, if you have learned how!
I'm using firefox... and flash won't work in IE either, and when I play GTA IV, the initial screen that comes up requires flash 9 or above, but doesn't work. However, if I go to most websites, flash games tend to work. I've uninstalled and reinstalled with no success, same issues.
what exactly is "safari"?
Very simple fix,
Just open up C:\WINDOWS\system32\macromed\flash
From there run FlashUtil10b
Or FlashUtil9b , depends on the flash version you have.

Hope that helps you it certainly fixed my same problem
Good luck Camm
Kalpesh > Camm
Apr 11, 2009 at 04:28 AM
Hi,
Thanks Dude It Works,

Again Thanks.....
Evergreen > Camm
May 11, 2009 at 10:11 PM
Thanks, Camm! It worked! Yay!
I signed in to give a heads up on this issue. I tried all the solutions posted here and none worked for me. I came across a very simple solution on one on the sites and it worked immediately.
Please follow the steps to check the add-ons
1. Go to TOOLS on Internet Explorer.
2. MANAGE ADD-ONS
3. Under Adobe System Incorprated, check the status of "Shockwave Flash Object"
4. If disabled, click on it and enable it and Voila!
yes you computer may be at risk because of not updating such viruse pertaction and system update.or you download a file from ontenet that its blocking the adbeflashplayer.
someone there help me kindly
Everyone if you have this sort of prob listen to Jen excellent discovery it helped alot thanks :D.
Jennifers uninstall and reinstall tip worked great! Nice one!

Follow that advice and it should be sorted. Takes one minute tops.
HOLLYHOTPOCKET
Jun 20, 2009 at 07:31 AM
@jennifer! Thanks this worked! My Son was having problems watching YouTube! Thanks!!
I got the same problem. When I want to see something at youtube they say I don't have the lated version of adobe flash player...
I used all things to get it worked. but if I want to instal flash player they wont let me instal, only on internet explorer 8 I can instal but not on safari 4 or firefox 3. When I installed on internet explorer 8 I can see movies there but not on safari 4 or firefox 3 (i want to see there)... I need help!
(I use safari 4)
free downlod java
Ive been having this problem for ages and randomly came accross this fix for me which worked perfectly and I hope it works for anyone else having this problem as its been a thorn in my side for ages!!!

Go onto any Youtube vidoe page where you get the 'hello, either you have javascript turned off or an old version of adobe's flash player. get the latest flash player.' message.
On the right side of your toolbar there is an drop down called 'Page', click on this and select 'Compatability View'

Then it started working immediately.

Hope this works for others too!
Hi Dude,
Thank you.
This work for me ...

Regards,
Akhil Bohra