Ask a question Report

Mulitmedia audio controller (code 28)

leleah1985 - Latest answer on Dec 21, 2010 07:52PM
Hello,
I had to reinstall Windows XP Home edition, and since my computer won't play any type of audio. I have a big yellow question mark next to Multimedia Audio Controller, and next to SM Bus Controller, both say "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)" I tried to reinstall them through device manager, it then asked me if I wanted to search for updates online, so I clicked yes. Then it said it could not find the required software. I have a Gateway PC 2002, IE 6, OS Windows XP Home edition Service Pack 1, and a Intel Celeron CPU 1.80GHz. How can I fix this??
Read more 
Answer
+12
moins plus
hi friend just uninstall the audio driver and restart the system the try to install realtek ac97 drivers (software)
this will work in lot of motherboard ......
Add comment
Answer
+0
moins plus
They all say Free download. What crap!!! For starters they want to install something els on your computer, not to mention that that some site after you go throught the process of registering, they want to see your credit card. No Thank you.
Add comment
Answer
+0
moins plus
Add comment
This document entitled « mulitmedia audio controller (code 28) » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.