Pc starts- few seconds-no display/beep - off

Closed
Hunta - Aug 21, 2009 at 05:31 PM
CyborgCop Posts 48 Registration date Tuesday August 25, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 10, 2009 - Aug 25, 2009 at 11:03 PM
Hi,

Ok bad title I know, here is the story:

I was intending to put in a new hard drive but realised I didn't have enough SATA cables ( I didn't unplug anything) but in opening my pc I realised that it was quite dusty, so I cleaned it. In doing so ( I assume this is where the problem arrised) I pulled off my heatsink and fan. The first time i put them back on I did it wrong then the second time I was so focussed on getting it on right I didn't plug in the fan.

Now the pc starts with no display or beeps (i'm not sure if I have an on-board speaker if I don't how do I jam 1 on?) then after ~3-10 seconds it just turns off, then a few seconds later it turns back on again and repeats until it turn it off

Any ideas? I'm about 2 go try running it without ram then hard disk etc

Thanks really apriciated (I'm dying here)

Adam

btw running

vista ulti 64bit
gigabyte S series m board
geforce 9800 gx2
ddr 2 ram
1 hard disk (currently)
Related:

1 response

CyborgCop Posts 48 Registration date Tuesday August 25, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 10, 2009 12
Aug 25, 2009 at 11:03 PM
welll.. I've had that problem. I had the power cord that runs from the front of my computer to the motherboard plugged in upside down. Is it possible that it came loose and you plugged it back in?