Connecting laptop to pc via mobile blue tooth

Closed
peter.not Posts 11 Registration date Monday August 24, 2009 Status Member Last seen August 26, 2009 - Aug 25, 2009 at 08:42 AM
 abdi - May 22, 2011 at 05:55 AM
Is that possible?
I want to connect my laptop via mobile blue tooth to my pc, so that they can share internet connection.

The idea is:
- connect my mobile (nokia 3600) with cabal to PC. I have nokia PC suite installed
- turn on blue tooth on my mobile
- turn on blue tooth on my laptop and connect it to mobile
-then SOMEHOW share internet connection.

Is this possible?
Thanx
Related:

3 responses

sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 183
Aug 25, 2009 at 04:58 PM
not the way you are suggesting.

you could do it this way I think.

adhoc connection between your laptop and PC (pc will need wireless NIC, Laptop will need wireless. )

create internet sharing between laptop and PC.

connect your phone to your PC as you have already.

your pc will connect to internet via your phone and your laptop will connect to internet via your PC.
in that scenario your PC will need to be on all time that your laptop requires internet connection.
peter.not Posts 11 Registration date Monday August 24, 2009 Status Member Last seen August 26, 2009 4
Aug 25, 2009 at 07:10 PM
Yes, you are right.

The thing is, I have already my pc connected to internet via lan cabal (adsl). I had internet on both comps when I was using wireless router.
But now router is gone, and I cannot connect pc and laptop without buying new hardware.

I thought that, since I often connect phone to pc via cabal,
and I can connect phone to laptop via blue tooth,
somehow I could share internet connection.

Now, as I am reading what I have wrote, I see how impossible it is.

Thank you anyway.
yes u can, a mobile phone with bluetooth and GPRS network can connect with lap top and u can access the internet. the steps are as follows
1 creat a dial up connection
2 dial *99#
3 type the user name of the GPRS service provider
4 congrats u done