Background message "Warning! Spyware detected

Solved/Closed
Griff - Jul 14, 2008 at 04:50 PM
 Pota - Feb 27, 2017 at 08:17 PM
I let my roomie use my comp while I was away for a few weeks. I returned to find "Warning! Spyware detected on your computer! Install antivirus or spyware remover to clean your computer" as my background message. I tried to place a new background on but this message still appears in the middle. I just bought Norton 360 but it doesn't seem to be detecting it. Also if I leave my computer idle for too long a blue screen pops up with a bunch of computer nomenclature and eg. bogus_driver or something of the sort being the problem. If I hit any button on the keypad it will close that screen and it will no longer pop up until the computer is idle again.
Related:

84 responses

Hi I've just had the same problem over the weekend and have had success removing what turned out to be a large number of trojan viruses which found their way in through a fake email ecard I received.
I used the Dr Web Cure it programme which is free www.freedrweb.com/
If your computer won't stay on long enough for you to download it off the internet which is what happened to me, then what I did was to download it from another computer onto a cheap disk I bought from asda. I then started my computer in safe mode, inserted the disk, and the Dr Web download icon popped up after about a 20 second wait. Just click on it (it took me about 10 goes before it wanted to activate) and then follow the download instructions.
I would recommend the 'Complete' scan. I ran the express scan first which allowed me delete about 7 viruses but when I ran the complete scan it found even more. The complete scan takes 2 hours.
Hope this helps, Debbie.
PS I'm no computer nerd, in fact I don't have a clue about the things, but I found this process quite simple and more importantly, successful. Good luck!
you are brillianttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt I had my desktopand screen saver tabs lost after downloading antivirus 2008 from microsoft and have been reading how to fix the problem a lot of the cures went over my head yours was the easist by far to do thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooo much youve made the problem easy to fix
You are a star!
Been working on this problem for weeks. Thankyou... my daughter can finally stop nicking my laptop!
I used a pen drive thing instead of a disk.
Top marks.. cheers!
Uhh, I tried to the web cure you suggested and I got it to download on my laptop just fine.But every time I try to run it,it never starts. What should I do? I really messed up my computer.