Ask a question Report

My PC stopped recognizing my WD My Book

Mai - Latest answer on Aug 26, 2009 06:10AM
Hello,
I recently bought a WD My Book 1tb and I formatted it to my PC and it was working fine(I can only connect through USB) I turned it off and such since then, but I took my PC to school today and all of a sudden it can't read it. I can't reformat it because I might loose my data, but also I can't see it in Disk Manager anyway...so I have no clue what it going on...stupid external hard drive.
Read more 
Answer
+0
moins plus
try this

'I found that part of the issue is with the WD software. Try removing their programs from your system and then unplug the drive and reboot the computer. Once that's completed. Ensure that the blue light on the "my book" is not rotating. If it is then power cycle the external unit. Once this status light is steady then plug in the USB cable and see if that helps resolve the issue.'

gleaned from a website
Add comment
This document entitled « My PC stopped recognizing my WD My Book » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.