How do I enable Javascript?

Solved/Closed
Blocked Profile - Mar 8, 2008 at 01:08 PM
 piggywiggly - Aug 9, 2010 at 07:03 AM
Hello,
How do I enable Javascript for macOS ?

4 responses

mrslash Posts 159 Registration date Wednesday February 20, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 9, 2009 45
Mar 8, 2008 at 01:16 PM
Internet Explorer for Mac:
Find the "Preferences" option in the menubar of your browser (it's probably located in the Edit menu). Select the "Web Content" bullet in the list on the left side of the window. Find the "Active Content" section. Make sure that the checkbox next to "Enable scripting" is checked. Click the "OK" button. Close this window and click the "Refresh" button of the page requiring Javascript.

Netscape for Mac:
Find the "Preferences" option in the menubar of your browser (it's probably located in the Edit menu). Select the "Advanced" arrow in the list on the left side of the window. Make sure that the checkbox next to "Enable JavaScript" is checked. Click the "OK" button. Close this window and click the "Reload" button of the page requiring Javascript.
m not able to enable java script according to ur suggestion . I opened edit menu to select "preferences" but I could nt find "preferences" option in edit menu..
mrslash Posts 159 Registration date Wednesday February 20, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 9, 2009 45
Mar 8, 2008 at 01:19 PM
in both way it works
Hello mrslash,

On Safari on Mac OS X v.10.5, I clicked on Safari's menu, then Preferences. Click on the Security icon on the top right corner of a window. It looks like a padlock. Check the boxes for Enable Plug-Ins, Enable Java, and Enable Javascript.
You have at some point disabled Javascript on your browser. Javascript is neccessary to navigate a lot of
websites, as you've noticed if this is your problem. To turn
Javascript back on: navigate through

Internet Explorer Menubar ->
Tools (or "Extras") ->
Options ->
Security ->
Internet ->
Custom Level ->
Active Scripting

Make sure the "active scripting" option is turned ON.
pigglywiggly

Hello rahul,

I checked my javascript to see if it's on, and it is on. I used the steps to find javascript's check boxes under pigglywiggly on this page right above 'rahul'.