Disk read error occurred press ctrl + alt+

Closed
Rosie - Sep 3, 2009 at 09:54 PM
rosiel Posts 1 Registration date Thursday September 3, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 4, 2009 - Sep 4, 2009 at 02:08 AM
Hello,
i seem to have the same problem with this error messageDisk read error oaccurres press ctrl+alt+del to restart. I purchased a PATA HARD DRIVE 3.5 INCH 500GB Westurn digital Caviar Blue and tryed to re-format my friends computer with windows xp home. I whent into the boot and made sure that the drive was first cd drive second and flopy third and after i saved it.

I am now downloading hiren boot cd to see if this will work??? I am out of ideas here

Computer name: Compaq
Prossessor Intel (R) Celeron (TM) prossessor 1200MHZ
Prossessor Stepping 6B1
Catch size (L1/L2)
Memory size 512MB 100MHZ ( Hade 2 512MB however monitor and key board keep flashing so i removed 1 512MB and that solved that problem)
System Rom 686p9 v1.03

hope this helps and hope someone could help me with this issue.

Thanks
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Sep 3, 2009 at 10:16 PM
Hello,

Check the jumper on the disk we never know :)
rosiel Posts 1 Registration date Thursday September 3, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 4, 2009
Sep 4, 2009 at 02:08 AM
Hello

Thanks for replying, however I have tryed the jumper, slave, master and I still receive the same error. I am starting to feel like there is somthing wrong with the driver it self, as I have another computer that i have fixed and running is smothly, added the drive to that computer and it did the same thing. What a mistery wish i new more about computers this is really agravating me and im sure alot of other people that are having the same problem. If you have any other input it would be great! the more the better.

Thanks again