Unable to open Hidden Files

Closed
Joane - Sep 4, 2009 at 08:21 AM
sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 - Sep 4, 2009 at 11:15 AM
Hello,

I am unable to open my Hidden folders... when i select show hidden files and folder and clicked on ok it again go back to DO NOT Show hidden Files & folders..... Please help me to resolve this I have very important data in my folders which i cant see now.......

The way you explained to change DWORD thing its not working here because the Key name and value is not changing...please help me to change that......

Here i am sending you my current folder options

Default REG_SZ (Value not set)
CheckedValue REG_DWORD (invalid DWORD value)
Defaultvalue REG_DWORD (0x00000002 (2)
HelpID REG_SZ shell.hlp#51105
HKeyRoot REG_DWORD 0x80000001 (2147483649)
REGPath REG_SZ Software/microsoft/Windows/Currentversion/Explorer/Advanced
Text REG_SZ @shell32.dill,-30500
Type REG_SZ radio
Valuename REG_SZ Hidden

This setting is there on my system...Please help me soon its really urgent....

Thanks

Joane

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Sep 4, 2009 at 08:58 AM
hi there,

try ths one:

go to

regedit then

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ Advanced \ Folder \ Hidden \ NOHIDDEN

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ Advanced \ Folder \ Hidden \ SHOWALL

Thanks
Heya,

My question is different..... I said i can't change the value in file....... the path u told me is correct i could able to acess till Showall...but from there on i cant change file name.....
sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 183
Sep 4, 2009 at 11:15 AM
have a look through this thread.

http://ccm.net/forum/affich-19488-unable-to-open-hidden-folders

they all seem to have the same issue as you. it appears you've had a trojan on your computer and is affecting your show / hide reg details.

the thread describes the solution.

hope this helps.