Toshiba Satellite laptop shuts down by itself

Closed
Mon2 - Sep 5, 2009 at 03:27 PM
 cloudsnuts - Mar 24, 2013 at 01:28 PM
Hello,

I have a Toshiba Satellite L40/L45 Series laptop which turns off by itself after a few seconds after turning it on. It doesn't even get past the Windows loading screen and my OS is Windows Vista 32-bit. I tried to see if it solved the problem to let it run just on battery, but no luck, same problem. Then I tried to see if it worked on AC power without the batter this time, but it made no difference... and this laptop is only 8-9 months old. Also, I don't think it could have been a virus nor is my setting in the power options set to turn off after a certain time because I disable all these features as soon as I get a laptop. So, if possible can anyone help me with this?

10 responses

i boot on safe mod , then I notice that my laptop not turn off or restarting by self just when I boot normal windows it happen restarting by self , and the fun work good and the laptop not hot .. pls can u help and tnx
I have same problem..In safemode is everything ok. Also when I using only battery.. Problem exist only with AC adapter and in normal mode..
i also have this problem but in bios setup settings (f2) I change the computer speed and power option from dynamic to alway low
and it work in always low but in dynamic mode it turns off after some seconds or some minutes
It definitely needs a cleaning. I'll bet you $30 that you can go to Best Buy, they'll clean it for $30 in about an hour and it won't do that any more.