Dell B130 laptop screen goes dark after boot

Closed
Hallowitz - Sep 6, 2009 at 04:23 PM
 boasel - Oct 13, 2009 at 04:24 AM
Hello,

We cracked the laptop screen for a Dell Inspirion B130 on my high school son's laptop. His younger brother has the same model, so I took the screen off and put it on the damaged unit (so he could use it for school) and ordered a new screen to fix the 2nd unit. I installed the new screen and it powers up and is visible until the laptop is done booting and then goes blank. I can vaguely (very dark, almost invisible) still see the Windows XP desktop image, but it is not back lit.

The new screen had the same part number but is glossy rather than matte in presentation, so there is some difference. Before I removed the original screen to put on my elder son's laptop, there was no problem with this laptop.

If I reboot, I can see the screen again until the boot process is complete, and then it goes blank again.

How do I get this new screen to work and stay on? Do I need a different driver?
Related:

2 responses

sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 183
Sep 6, 2009 at 05:50 PM
you say it goes dim after boot process, can you press f8 and load safe load vga settings.?

if you can, check the screen properties.
hi Hallowitz

The same thing happens to my laptop. It's a dell inspiron 1520, and it started to happen after I installed a new screen also, The way I managed to get round it, was to put the screen intensity levels quite low, (You can have the intesity higher without the charger in) But with the charger in, you need to have it quite low unfortunately.

If you need more information, not sure what I have to give though, my email address is leeboase@hotmail.com also could you put some subject like dell screen play up, or something, so i don't dismiss as spam.

Hope that helps.