Ask a question Report

Mouse will not activate links

BillyGoat - Latest answer on Aug 18, 2010 07:38AM
My mouse has suddenly seemed to stop activating links in any web page. I have a wireless Logitech mouse, HP Pavilion laptop with Windows XP O/S. The problem precisely is this. I oepn a web page, let's say Hotmail. I click on an email to open ie when hovering over the link the pointer changes from a pointer to a hand, left click and the email opens. However, when I've finished with that email, close it and try to open another one, the pointer stays as a pointer and does not change into a hand and therefore I can't open anything. The only way I can get it to become active again is to click on another open window, then return to the original window and the pointer starts working again. It's really annoying.
Read more 
moins plus
I have the same problem. Does anyone have a solution?
Add comment
moins plus
The page you were seeing was not fully loaded, that's why you get these kind of problem, let the page load completely first.
BillyGoat- Sep 17, 2009 10:46AM
No, it's the same with new window tabs, the Firefox menu, anything you might want to just click on to make something happen. Like now, I'm typing this response to you, if I put the cursor over one of my other open tabs I just get a pointer and no hand. If I go and just click in and out of another window I have open, then the cursor gets reactivated somehow.
Add comment
This document entitled « Mouse will not activate links » from CCM ( is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.