Ask a question Report

Keyboard will not type. Help please! [Solved/Closed]

Crystal-Rose 2Posts Friday July 25, 2008Registration date July 25, 2008 Last seen - Latest answer on Oct 4, 2012 03:57AM
Hello,
My keyboard has completly stopped typing. I have shut off my computer and switched around the wires. I am now stuck typing with this online keyboard.The mouse still works but the keyboard wont do a thing. Please help me!
Thanks!
Read more 
Answer
+245
moins plus
I know why it`s like that there are two reasons

1st : your plug are too shabby.
2nd : try using a (USB) keyboard if u can`t afford it ,when you start your computer press all the keys on the keyboard but make sure you press the following first : Num , Lock Caps Lock , Scroll Lock then try to press as much as possible util the Welcome screen pops up.
(Hope it helps)

luis- Jun 23, 2010 10:52PM
thankyou very much..........I got it.
xDD- Oct 4, 2012 03:57AM
cant -_-
Answer
+229
moins plus
the keyboard on my laptop has stopped workin, seems like its froze,the mouse works and thats it, help me out please

isaiah h .....- May 24, 2010 08:17PM
same exact problem as my mac. the mouse works fine but no keys will work.
Answer
+123
moins plus
I have the same problem except I can use the F1 key to boot up but cannot type any letters or numbers. I tried the shift key 5 times and nothing happens.

Answer
+66
moins plus
why dont you try pressing shift one tme an see what happens. That happened to me.

Answer
+59
moins plus
MY KEY BOARD IS NOT TYPING. ITS BOTHERSOME AS ITS TWOWEEKS OLD AND NEW AND CORDLESS. ITS A LOGITEC. WHAT IS WRONG AND WHERE SHOULD I GO TO CORRECT THIS?

laptop and pc god!- Aug 1, 2010 10:21PM
change the batteries in the keyboard, or use a USB keyboard and download the drivers for your wireless keyboard.
kurt- Aug 10, 2010 09:37PM
if not detected yet try format new windows and install all driver
Answer
+38
moins plus
And wait!!!

Make sure after you on your computer do not pluck off the wires it will cause more problems if you do please restart ur com as soon as possible.

Clueless- Feb 16, 2009 01:19PM
OMG, i'm trying to fix my laptop. I can't unplug the keyboard...write back ASAP!!!!
madzel- Apr 23, 2009 04:10AM
try pressing the shift key 5 times until the pop menu appears
mousie- Apr 6, 2010 03:39PM
you peeps rock i am a teacher and our laptops were not typing. it was sticky keys thank you
Answer
+4
moins plus
my computer wont type numbers and when ever i put caps on it wont put caps and when i put caps off it will
i cant type periods or anything when ever i miss spell somthing and i want to change it back it wont let me go back i have to delete everything
it wont let me go on full screen it wont even let me do anything on my tool bar
i cant do tab or anything only letters

please help

Answer
+3
moins plus
Go and right click on my computer and go to device manager and then see if there is anything that looks funky. it could be a driver problem for your usb (if that is the type of keyboard you are using) does any other device work on that port you are using? Could be a bad port, but I really doubt it

This document entitled « Keyboard will not type. Help please! » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.