Retrieve lost files on vista home premium

Closed
computernewbie Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday September 29, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 30, 2009 - Sep 30, 2009 at 11:43 AM
computernewbie Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday September 29, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 30, 2009 - Sep 30, 2009 at 01:08 PM
Hello,
guys and gals,recently i accidentally did a system repair,i was given 2 options(either to full system restore-which everything will be wiped off or partial repair which spywares,etc could still linger around on my system),i chose partial repair and now i couldnt even surf sites for long before it keeps hanging(i need to peform a hard shutdown and re-boot again) and worst of all my files seem to be lost!? Any way to retrieve the files? Any expert who can offer me solutions for my problems,thanks alot....in advance!

Acer Aspire Timeline(3810T)
Vista Home Premium @ 2 Gigabit Ram
Internet Explorer 7
Related:

5 responses

Use PC Inspector File Recovery 4.0
PC INSPECTOR™ File Recovery is a data recovery program that supports the FAT 12/16/32 and NTFS file systems. It is a freeware.

Other things
Don't write anything on the drive from which you want to recover data (Technical reason- because inet addresses will get lost and you would not be able to retrieve information from partitions.)
closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Sep 30, 2009 at 12:07 PM
hi there,

yes surely it can be recovered by using recovery software

you can download it from link below:

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/5325-recover-my-files/

Thanks
computernewbie Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday September 29, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 30, 2009
Sep 30, 2009 at 12:23 PM
thanks guys for your reply! anyone knows abt the frequent frozen program on vista OS and how do i fix it? most of the time when i prompt the task manager when the frozen screen comes on,it just wont pop up! so frustrating! anyone has a express way of killing the frozen screen?
Blocked Profile
Sep 30, 2009 at 12:58 PM
Regards recovering deleted files, you can often successfully recover deleted files from a PC, it all depends on what has happened since the files were deleted.

When you delete files the data itself isn’t deleted, just the index entry that tells the system where the data for those files is located. The area containing the deleted data is also now marked as free space so it is available for any new files to be written there instead.

If and when that happens, then it is too late to recover your deleted files so it is very, very important to not save any new files or data to the device concerned.

Use another PC to browse the internet for a solution as internet browsing causes lots of temporary files to get written to the disk. Download any file recovery software, for example, to a memory stick, plug that in the computer with the deleted files and run it from there.

If the deleted files are on a camera memory card or USB memory stick, just don’t save any new files to it.
One of the easiest ways to see if you can recover deleted files is to try some good file recovery software.

A good tip is to try the free demo version of a commercial product that will scan the device for deleted files and show you exactly what files can be recovered. At least that will show you if you can recover the deleted files or if it’s too late already. You can find more useful information on how to recover deleted files at http://www.repaircorruptfile.com/Recover-Deleted-Files.html

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
computernewbie Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday September 29, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 30, 2009
Sep 30, 2009 at 01:08 PM
thanks for the advise! anyone has the solutuon for the frozen sceen issue?