How to connect Fedora and Window via Switch

Closed
chetansisodiya Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday July 29, 2008 Status Member Last seen July 30, 2008 - Jul 30, 2008 at 06:42 AM
 Mike - Aug 20, 2009 at 06:18 AM
Hello,
I m using a broadband Airtel broadband connection. I want to run internet on two computers. one pc has Fedora platform and other is Windows.. I connect both computer by switch but i m unable to run Internet on bot6h computer simultaneously..
can any body please help me. how can i run net on both pc simultaneously via switch.

4 responses

At first you connect two computers by switch very correctly i mean please check the Rj-45 connector then follow the following steps.....
1. at first give a class c ip to the windows mechine like 192.168.1.1 grom the network setup and after that you give the anothe ip address to the fedora mechine,ip like 192.168.1.2 now you restart both mechine. now open the internet in both mechine
Hi;
I have a Greenstonde Database setup in a Fedor machine, i can access to internet and network, but from other clients i can't access this Greenstone database.
Greenstone datbase is not in SQL or so, it is only in xml.
will appreicate if some body help me out, Thank
Sameem, Kabul
Jean-François Pillou Posts 18707 Registration date Monday February 15, 1999 Status Webmaster Last seen February 16, 2023  
Jul 30, 2008 at 06:49 AM
You should either setup NAT on your router/access point or setup one of the two PC to be used as a gateway :

http://ccm.net/configuration reseau/partage xp.php3
chetansisodiya Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday July 29, 2008 Status Member Last seen July 30, 2008
Jul 30, 2008 at 06:58 AM
i m new to linux. main problem is that i dont want to make any of the computer a server.. both computer are placed in different room..we are sharing internet with our neighbours thats why we want to run internet individually...so plz can u give more ingormation abt this....
i have a switch with a wireless adapter ...
so ... the fedora 11 tell's me that there's a wireless connection available
and when i open the network connection ... i don't see any wireless connection ..
so what is the solve for this problem ???

my regards