Automatically download an excel file

Closed
popuskin Posts 2 Registration date Thursday October 1, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 2, 2009 - Oct 2, 2009 at 06:07 AM
popuskin Posts 2 Registration date Thursday October 1, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 2, 2009 - Oct 2, 2009 at 06:54 AM
Hi all,
I must confess I luv this site for its support in several ways I have used its solutions from questions people have asked.

This is my question. I want to be able to download an excel file online everyday and have it save unto my web server as a .csv or for the output of the excel to automatically update my mysql database.

I honestly don't know how to go about it. I use php to an extent.
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Oct 2, 2009 at 06:38 AM
Dear Sir,

The normal procedure will be downloading the Excel files manually and hence making it available on your PC

for the conversion to .csv format. This will have to be done manually since there actually exists no software

offering the possibility to automatically convert the excel files to the .csv format. I believe that you are saving

it on your web server for back up. You will hence have to upload it manually. Yet you could contact a third party

which could write a program in order to make your task easier.

Hope that the information provided to you has been useful.

Thank you.
popuskin Posts 2 Registration date Thursday October 1, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 2, 2009
Oct 2, 2009 at 06:54 AM
hey Iveal,

Thank you very for the promt reply. Thats what I have doing for now. Infact the update is for company website where we update stock information everyday. Its just somehow too tasky having to download, save as then convert into mysql bla bla.

I wouldn't mind paying if its not something beyond my earning.

Do you hav anyone in mind or can you do it?

Please let me know your suggestion.
Thanks once again for your fast response