Ask a question Report

Fix Blank or White Shortcut Icons on Desktop [Solved/Closed]

bhavintandel 6Posts Sunday October 4, 2009Registration date April 11, 2012 Last seen - Latest answer on Dec 30, 2013 02:52PM
Hello,
my Desktop icons became blank or ‘white paper’ icon, where supposedly the icons should be colorful and customized in style and color. It’s as if the icon for the shortcut has been removed or unassigned, and been replaced with default blank icon in white.
Plz take a look to this snap to see how icons appears [IMG]http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss90/bhavintandel/desktopiconproblem.png/IMG
Plz give me the solution to fix my icons problem.
Using windows7 O.S
Thankx/Regards
Bhavin Tandel
Read more 
Answer
+42
moins plus
My solution :
After trying most of what was recommended (system restore, registry edits, rebuilding iconcache.deb in several ways) none of which worked, I finally got my icons back !!!
Go here: http://www.stardock.com/products/iconpackager/
and get the trial version of IconPackager, install it, use it to switch to any icon package, then switch back (if you want to) the standard windows icons.
And voilà... all icons back.
Best regards !

lougou- Jun 28, 2013 02:26PM
thanks budy saved me
giggity123 1Posts Saturday October 12, 2013Registration date October 12, 2013 Last seen - Oct 12, 2013 02:44AM
WOW; I created an account for this website JUST to say thank you SOOOOO very freaking much :) ... I tried NUMEROUS things such as yourself, from rebuilding icon cache, to deleting .db, from system restore, to system repair, etc. damn near EVERYTHING and this was the ONLY method that solved my broken icons. I was using a program called ultra virus killer to resolve some issues not relevant to this, and think that may have caused the problem. I tried system restore, which upon waiting 20 minutes failed, then windows 7 would NOT load (I was on the edge of my seat), then tried doing a system repair, which took 30 minutes and just failed; last resort to get windows back was using command prompt at boot and doing a few commands which got windows back up and running and still had broken icon cache, and stumbled across this...KUDOS to you!!!! thank you from saving me the HASSLE of having to reformat!!!!!!! I LOVE U :)
Biohack 1Posts Monday November 18, 2013Registration date November 18, 2013 Last seen - Nov 18, 2013 09:33PM
Thank you so much, this worked! ^_^
jimmy- Dec 14, 2013 07:09AM
doesn't work for me :/ i tried everything including registry edits, rebuilding iconcache.deb and the icon changer but problem still persists :/
Magpie2010- Dec 30, 2013 02:52PM
This was a great help and solved my ongoing problem of many months. It was such a relief that I bought the program (only $9.99) rather than just use the trial. I thought this the fair thing to do in the circumstances. Thanks to all
This document entitled « Fix Blank or White Shortcut Icons on Desktop » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.