Fix Blank or White Shortcut Icons on Desktop [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question bhavintandel 6Posts Sunday October 4, 2009Registration date April 11, 2012 Last seen - Last answered on Mar 24, 2017 at 01:36 PM by Jhsparky
Hello,
my Desktop icons became blank or ‘white paper’ icon, where supposedly the icons should be colorful and customized in style and color. It’s as if the icon for the shortcut has been removed or unassigned, and been replaced with default blank icon in white.

Plz take a look to this snap to see how icons appears [IMG]http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss90/bhavintandel/desktopiconproblem.png[/IMG]

Plz give me the solution to fix my icons problem.

Using windows7 O.S

Thankx/Regards
Bhavin Tandel
See more 
Helpful
+52
plus moins
My solution :
After trying most of what was recommended (system restore, registry edits, rebuilding iconcache.deb in several ways) none of which worked, I finally got my icons back !!!
Go here: http://www.stardock.com/products/iconpackager/
and get the trial version of IconPackager, install it, use it to switch to any icon package, then switch back (if you want to) the standard windows icons.
And voilà... all icons back.
Best regards !
Was this answer helpful?  
Biohack 1Posts Monday November 18, 2013Registration date November 18, 2013 Last seen - Nov 18, 2013 at 09:33 PM
Thank you so much, this worked! ^_^
jimmy- Dec 14, 2013 at 07:09 AM
doesn't work for me :/ I tried everything including registry edits, rebuilding iconcache.deb and the icon changer but problem still persists :/
Magpie2010- Dec 30, 2013 at 02:52 PM
This was a great help and solved my ongoing problem of many months. It was such a relief that I bought the program (only $9.99) rather than just use the trial. I thought this the fair thing to do in the circumstances. Thanks to all
Jhsparky 2Posts Friday March 24, 2017Registration date March 24, 2017 Last seen - Mar 24, 2017 at 01:34 PM
Thanks ThierryA. Worked quick and easy.
Jhsparky 2Posts Friday March 24, 2017Registration date March 24, 2017 Last seen - Mar 24, 2017 at 01:36 PM
I joined this site because of ThierryA's solution.

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?