Display size looks like on a safe mode

Solved/Closed
francis - Updated on Nov 11, 2018 at 06:05 PM
 nanananananabatman - Sep 26, 2017 at 10:26 AM
Hello,
I reinstalled my Windows Vista on my Dell Inspiron laptop after having trouble with blue screens (fatal error) and it worked. But after the successful installation, my screen display size began to look like I'm on a safe mode although I'm not. I tried adjusting the display settings, font size (DPI), theme, appearance settings, but nothing happened; everything still appears larger than they used to. I hope you can help me with this. Thank you.
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,830
Oct 5, 2009 at 06:05 PM
This may be a screen resolution problem rather than a font size problem. You should download the hardware (motherboard and video) drivers from Dell. Windows might not have the exact driver for your video chip or other hardware on your motherboard. Laptops always need a driver update after a Windows re-install.

You might first try to change the screen resolution from the (640x480 Safe mode)

Right click on any empty area of the desk top screen.
Left click "Personalize"
Left click "Display Settings"
If the system allows you - Click and drag the resolution slider to the far right to "(High)"
If the slider is grayed-out then you know that a new video driver is needed.

Good Luck
cool! thank you xpcman!
thanks SOOO much. I had tha big screen thing goin on and seen your advice! It totally worked. I LOVE YOU!!!
somehow I accidentally hit some keys while typing too fast and my screen looked 'as if in safe mode'. went to personalization, display, change display settings. then scrolled it up to high (recommended). fixed it! thank you!
anonnyymmmooouuse
Mar 21, 2017 at 08:26 PM
Thank you!
nanananananabatman
Sep 26, 2017 at 10:26 AM
Thank you!